American Renaissance

American Renaissance July 2006 issue

If you haven’t subscribed to American Renaissance yet, here’s what you’re missing in the July 2006 issue:

  • Harold Stowe refutes arguments that racial differences have no biological foundation in “The Genetics of Race.” Race-deniers often use Harvard biologist Richard C. Lewontin’s finding that most genetic variation occurs within races rather than between them to argue that, biologically speaking, racial differences are so small as to be trivial. This argument ignores the fact that 85 percent of the human genome shows no racial or group patterns at all. It is in the vital remaining 15 percent that sharp racial distinctions are to be found. Indeed, genetic science can determine the race of an individual based on his genome with nearly 100 percent accuracy.
  • American Renaissance editor Jared Taylor reviews Raymond Wolters’ biography of W. E. B. Du Bois in “The Man Who Invented White Guilt.” Du Bois is a significant figure in that he was responsible for establishing the current black attitude towards whites. Throughout his career as a journalist and activist, which began in the final years of the 19th century and continued to his death in 1963, Du Bois promoted the idea that only white discrimination held blacks down and never admitted the possibility that innate traits might have something to do with black failure. Du Bois was editor of the influential publication The Crisis in which he gave vent to his extreme bitterness against whites: for example, he wrote, “It takes extraordinary training, gift and opportunity to make the average white man anything but an overbearing hog, but the most ordinary Negro is an instinctive gentleman.” Du Bois was the only black founder of the NAACP and used it to push the goal of racial integration. This put him at odds with other black leaders, Booker T. Washington and Marcus Garvey, both of whom supported racial segregration. The struggle among these leaders for the hearts and minds of American blacks was bitter, but Du Bois eventually won out, and it is his vision of race relations that, unfortunately, prevails among blacks today.
  • Plus news on the new “Rue Mumia Abu-Jamal” in Paris, “racism” in soccer, and “Pimpfants.”

Subscribe today!

Original article

(Posted on July 1, 2006)

     Previous story       Next Story       Post a Comment      Search


Home      Top      Previous story       Next Story      Search