Canada’s Changing Identity

AR Articles on Canada
The Great White North (Mar. 1991)
Immigration and the Election (Dec. 2000)
Search AmRen.com for Canada
More news stories on Canada
Mary Ormsby, Toronto Star, Dec. 8, 2007

Nearly half the population of the GTA is foreign born, which is raising differing views on how effectively Canada’s iconic sport has tried to encourage newcomers to play hockey.

Toronto’s east end is home to many new arrivals from China and the Philippines and where in 2005 the 51-year-old Wexford house league folded, largely from a lack of interest. Another league, the Scarborough Hockey Association, is also on shaky ground with dwindling enrolment.

This poses a question: If hockey is critical to the Canadian identity, then why aren’t young boys and girls being aggressively recruited to fill empty teams?

Ken Jeffers, manager of access and diversity for the city of Toronto’s forestry, parks and rec department, says it’s because hockey has a history of exclusion and hasn’t acknowledged the demographic shift from white middle class to multicultural over the past decades.

“Hockey is a symbol of being Canadian,” said Jeffers, who works closely with many youth outreach programs including Hockey In The Neighbourhood.

“But it’s the very sport that through its own structure and through racism as well, where you don’t bring kids of colour into the sport and they are just left on the outside (and) you have alienation.”

NHL netminder Kevin Weekes, whose immigrant parents are from Barbados, said he was “fortunate” during his minor amateur career with the Toronto Red Wings because the club “wanted the team to have good people and good players” regardless of background.

“We had players from every background from Italian to Portuguese, Greek, East Indian, Caribbean and West Indian,” said the 32-year-old Toronto native, now backing up Martin Brodeur in New Jersey. However, Weekes admitted most of the teams he faced while growing up were filled with white players. “We had a pretty diverse organization, but that wasn’t always reflective in all the other organizations around minor hockey.”

The 2006 census results released this week show almost half the population of the GTA born in other countries, most of which aren’t rooted in ice hockey, such as India, China, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Pakistan and Jamaica. Hockey Canada is aware of the changing face of cities from coast to coast and is pumping funds and programming into outreach recruiting campaigns such as the Dreams Come True initiative and working with local hockey organizations, said Glen McCurdie of Hockey Canada.

“It’s incumbent upon us to put forward a (welcoming) product that really encourages an environment of success and I think, quite frankly, we haven’t done what we could in that area,” said McCurdie.

“If you look at the recruitment of hockey players; I think hockey is guilty of just opening our doors — for forever, basically — and expecting that people are going to stampede in. In a lot of areas (in Canada), that’s still true but in other areas, that’s simply no longer the case.”

(Posted on December 31, 2007)

Comments

This article could easily have been written about the decline here in Australia, and Sydney in particular. I am angry to hear about what’s happening in Canada and the US, and all Western countries. Our junior rugby teams here in Australia are largely filled with gigantic Pacific Islander ‘boys’. The smaller white boys usually get flattened by these invaders. Soon, our national rugby team will entirely comprise these thugs. The parents of these Islanders generally have a lawless mindset also. Another disturbing recent trend is the appearance of black Africans roaming the streets of Sydney. I understand these invaders are causing serious social problems in Melbourne (search ‘Noble Park’ on the internet for further information), Perth, and Brisbane. Best wishes to AMREN and it’s followers for 2008.

Posted by Proud Australian at 1:47 AM on January 1

I love it when the idiots finally realize that the white people they have been driving away are their audience and that the people they have been importing aren’t going to buy their product. I’m always amazed at people who take sports seriously. Sports produces nothing of any real value and yet we spend so much money on it.

Posted by mikeweber at 2:12 AM on January 1

Like everything in the Western civilized world, this was invented and enjoyed by Whites, and the non-Whites cant be creative or organized enough on their own to do their own thing. These immigrants will never be Canadian so why push them to try?

Posted by at 3:53 AM on January 1

Why is sports held up as a positive thing? To keep whites from warring with other groups, just a guess.

Posted by Lars at 12:34 PM on January 1

I grew up playing hockey. I remember nights before a game when I could not sleep because I was so excited about getting on the ice. Back then it was full contact and how hard you could hit, and take a hit, was an important measure of your skills. I was small but very fast. I took hits from big players but I dished it out too. There was a lot of fighting as well. It was a true gladiators sport. The best game ever. Ice, steel and violence. Damn I loved it!

Today the rules are set out by the type of kids who would never have dared put a blade on the ice for fear of being hit. Now children are encouraged to play nice and safe and cooperate and share and someone please kill me now! It’s not hockey anymore

Young men need danger. It’s good for them. The lessons learned are invaluable in life because your nanny won’t always be there for you. Several times in my life I have had to face down larger men. I remember how I dealt with them on the ice and it gave me confidence. I give off that vibe and for that reason I am often left alone. But if the gloves do come off, I am ready. That’s what hockey can give a man, like boxing or football – knowledge of yourself and your physical strength and, just as importantly, your physical limitations. Understanding both is equally important.

As the great philosopher Mike Tyson once said, “everybody gotta a plan - til they get hit”. How true. Dangerous sports are the only way to understand the significance of that simple message. Sports like hockey.

What they call hockey today is something I don’t know. We lost the spirit of it many years back when the systematic emasculation of Canadian men began in earnest. I’d guess that was about 35 years ago, more or less. I watched it happen before my eyes.

Canada is now a female dominated faux country. How I wish that were not true.

If you want to see how great we were at one time, research the history of Canadian soldiers on the many battlefields we have seen. Pound for pound, the greatest soldiers of WW1 and WW2 – bar none. And yes, they knew what real hockey was all about.

Posted by From Canada at 12:40 PM on January 1

Racism? How can hockey be racist? Hockey started with some guys skating on frozen ponds with broomsticks. So because those guys happened to be WHITE, then the sport itself is RACIST?

Is that really what they expect us to believe?

This is absurd. (But then, this is also the Toronto Star, a Marxist rag somewhere to the left of the SF Chronicle.)

If Canada is filling up with people who don’t care about the national game, then hockey is destined to become The Incredible Shrinking White Sport.

So I guess long-term it’s unwise to invest in any NHL teams, futures, stock, etc.

Posted by The Incredible Shrinking White Man at 12:45 PM on January 1

mikeweber:

You are absolutely right. I have never understood the obsession some people have with sports. I wish I had so little to worry about. The NBA is the worst, an almost all black game supported by Whites who idolize these thugs. I don’t get it at all.

B>”I’m always amazed at people who take sports seriously. Sports produces nothing of any real value and yet we spend so much money on it.”
Posted by mikeweber

How true your words are! Commercial sports are big business and, for most of us, a meaningless distraction, a waste of time and energy, a dead-end side track that leads nowhere. A waster of life itself, really.

I recently saw, at least twice, the movie “Invincible”, the story of the football star Vince Papale. It gave me a lot to think about. It’s being shown on AA transatlantic flights and I was a captive audience, since I wouldn’t normally bother to pay for such a movie, not being a great sports fan. (My father would have loved it.) I admit it was interesting, touching, and dramatic — a good movie, really — but I’m sure that I saw it in a different light than was intended. And I came away with very different impressions. Very critical impressions. What I saw in this was how the lives of our working class men are wasted. They squander their youth, their prime, their energy, their aspirations, on what? — — on fighting another …team! To what benefit?

It portrays the often-desperate, unappreciated, lives of hard-working, hard-living men of the lower class in rough-and-tumble Pennsylvania mining towns. Exactly the sort of grimy, tough places that my grandparents came from and to which I can relate very well from my early memories. Other than hard, back-breaking labor, these men’s limited interests center (or once did in that mid-century era) around beer, women, and ballgames — not necessarily in that order! What time or energy they have left, after a day of exhausting work, they devote passionately to football. It’s cultish. They live football like a religion. Instead of asking you your religion, they define you by what team you support. You better give the right answer, depending on the town you’re in! My father was one such person, almost like those in the movie — or he came from that background and stock. He played football at Penn State, long ago, and followed football avidly all his life. In his case, the obsession wasn’t with booze or babes — just sports. Even without the other two, the sports never did him any good.

I came away from the movie thinking that while others are getting educations and investing their energy into improving their lives and building a future, these lost, confused working class men are obsessing over which team is going to win “The Big Game” next Sunday. As if it matters!!! This is how our people are kept down. How their energies are diverted, and their lives thrown away. With sports, celebrities and nonsense! It’s all so irrelevant. Whatever free time and spare energy they have after the heavy toll taken by the job, that time and energy are squandered on something that is basically meaningless and which will render them no benefit in life. There is nothing wrong with these men’s intelligence, it is with their set of values. And this mind-set is pervasive throughout so much of Middle America today. We need to have a complete re-orientation of our values and priorities. We have to understand what is important and what isn’t.

Middle America unreasonably adulates its football and basketball “heroes” (something I dislike about Middle America - even though they are my own people). We are raising our boys to think that scoring a touchdown is the most meritorious thing they can do, and that becoming a football “hero” is more important than earning a degree or becoming a scientist, composer, inventor. They even hold prayer sessions prior to a game! — which is to me blasphemous. With all the serious problems and suffering in the world, do they expect God to worry about a football game? And how is God to choose when the other team is praying to him too?

Forthe few blacks who might possibly expect to make a CAREER in sports which will uplift them from ghetto life and turn them into millionaires, it is another story. But for the average white sports fan, an obsession with sports is a total waste that will get him nowhere.

Posted by ghw at 3:31 PM on January 1

I don’t know about any of you but today, JANUARY 1, 2008, I watched a hockey game played outdoors in Buffalo between the Pittsburgh Penquins and the Buffalo Sabres…it was the first time in US history that a outside rink was set up to play an outdoor game in NHL history …it was wonderful…and all the players are WHITE…CANADIANS AND AMERICANS ….keep hockey white….please, it is such a wonderful sport…bye the way…Pittsburgh won in overtime….1-2 Go Penguins!!!

Posted by lydia at 5:43 PM on January 1

“mikeweber: You are absolutely right. I have never understood the obsession some people have with sports.”
Posted by 2:37 PM

I think they are deprived of something in their lives. Much like some women take to over-eating as a substitute for whatever satisfaction is lacking elsewhere. Psychologists need to look into this sports dependency that afflicts so much of our male population.

Initially, sports were invented to be played, not watched. Now, they are simply Big Business. Those early players of basketball, baseball, etc, would be incredulous at the pampered stars of today with their mansions, chauffeurs, bodyguards, and their multi-million dollar contracts.

Those fans who really appreciate the game, like “From Canada”, have described the thrill and excitement of PLAYING it. That’s quite another thing from watching it like a passive voyeur who’s getting his kicks vicariously. But I think that those who sit passively on a couch and cheer someone else, while they guzzle potato chips and beer are getting a specious thrill that’s replacing something else that’s missing in their lives.

Thanks, “From Canada at 12:40 PM on January 1,” for a wonderful post.

I’m no athlete, but I don’t understand how any men cannot be fired up by sports. Even at the height of my left/hippie days of “C’mon, brother, love one another, right now,” I could still get fired up watching an intense competitive sport.

And seen up close? I have only the memory, incredibly vivid, of squatting a few feet from the basketball court in the Rec. Hall at the camp I attended as a child, watching the Counselors play the Junior Counselors, all of them team athletes at their schools, and the incredible absorption, fire, fight-to-the-death spirit in everyone on that court (hey, they were being watched by all their hero-worshipping young campers!) was an experience I’ll never forget. Some of those counselors were combat veterans of WWII, and I had no trouble imagining them in real battle.

If you just don’t feel it, then you don’t feel it, and that’s that. But please, no ideological arguments against sports — sports are something to build on, not something to take away.

Of course, more personal participation would be desirable. (Someone said that a professional football game is 100,000 people who need to exercise watching 50 people who need to rest.) When I was in elementary school, all of us, girls and boys, played kickball and dodgeball together on the schoolyard at recess. I don’t know how the girls really felt about it, but at the time everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Do kids in elementary school today still play dodgeball, or is that considered too dangerous, or too aggressive? With racial mixing in the schools, I can well imagine that all opportunities for any expression of aggression might be suppressed. And, some of the out-of-shape kids I see today look like they could be laid up for a week after being hit by a dodgeball.

Posted by H. Dumpty at 7:52 PM on January 1

I’m just guessing but they probably don’t care for Shakespeare, Beethoven or Michelangelo, either.
They probably care more than most white kids. Chinese kids top English literature classes as well as science and math. And there are a loads of Asian kids into classical music - much more so than white kids.

After reading other posts, I see I have had a poor understanding of the sports situation in this country.

I assumed his behavior was just his personal aberration (here in Berkeley, everyone has SOME sort of bizarre behavior), in the same way that so many whites consider their unpleasant experiences with blacks to be just isolated aberrations, since they don’t know that such experiences are widespread and frequent enough that they form a cultural pattern.

I think obsession is a natural human state (not evinced by everyone) from which some of our culture’s most beautiful creations have come. The great mathematicians I’ve read of were all “pathologically” obsessed with mathematics, and I assume other fields are much the same.

But considering the downside of obsession (spouses becoming worse than irritated, other activities neglected, etc. etc.), it’s disturbing to think of people obsessing on just watching other people do things.

This discussion reminds me: sometimes I get obsessed with reading and writing posts! But I do hope we are educating some people, just as I was, and still am being, educated by this site.

Posted by H. Dumpty at 10:12 PM on January 1

Mr. Dumpty comments: “I’ve had only one friend so obsessed with sports — when his team lost, he would go into a rage and try not to tear up things in his apt.”
………………………………………..
I got a good laugh out of that one. Thanks Dumpty. I know what you mean.

My upstairs neighbor is such a sports fanatic (so I’ve learned). However, she is a woman. One evening, a couple of years ago, I heard her start shrieking uncontrollably. No words, just horrible screams. Ahhhh! Ahhhh! No! No! I thought someone had broken into her apartment and she was getting murdered. I placed an urgent call to the police and told them someone was being killed in the apartment upstairs.

A bunch of cops arrived almost immediately and went running upstairs. (The screaming had already subsided, and I expected the worst.) After a brief interview with her to ascertain that she was alright, they came to my door to explain to me what had happened. It seems that her team (basketball, I think) had lost, and she was just having a bit of a fit over it.

I resolved right then never to call the police for her again — not even if the fool’s really being murdered the next time!

Posted by ghw at 12:29 AM on January 2

“Pound for pound, the greatest soldiers of WW1 and WW2 – bar none. And yes, they knew what real hockey was all about. Posted by From Canada at 12:40 PM on January 1”

Too bad their descendents find those skills completely useless on the modern battlefield of cultural and psychological warfare, where the enemy within is far more deadly and cunning.

Posted by at 12:48 AM on January 2

Some so called immigrants are busy killing their own offspring for wearing canadian clothing and thus have no time for hockey.

Posted by H.Wallacher at 9:47 AM on January 2

“Pound for pound, they were the greatest soldiers of WW1 and WW2 – bar none.”
by From Canada

by 12:48 AM

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Great points, both posts! Yes, I don’t doubt for a moment the admirable bravery of the Canadians in both wars (their bravery being entirely wasted, btw). But that was another generation.
While they could win wars on the battlefield, the REAL war was the cultural/psychological war. And that is where they (and we) have been losing battle after battle. Sadly, most of them (and us) don’t even know it.

Posted by browser at 1:17 PM on January 2

The matter of «hockey» in the former «Canadian Dominion» at the presnt time is quite remarkable; I am surprised trhat this aspect of the matter has not been noticed before. However, because discussion of this matter «hedges» the problematic issue of immigration, and, specifically, the non - stop cascade of Third World non - whites into what was formerly one of the «White Dominions» of the British Empire, it is not surprising that this matter has not been «broached» «hitherto.»

The question of «what will happen to hockey» when the demographic transformation of the Canadian Dominion reaches it,s final phase. The fact (the «fact»), is, and the fact remains that non - Whites do not (repeat : «do not») play hockey. They are not even interested in hockey as an spectator sport. To Third World immigrants, especially those from the Southern Hemisphere, hockey is an anomaly, something that those among whom thes enew arrivals have come to live (in the ghettoized sense of the term), and, eventually to dominate and to overwhelm regard with an certain detached disinterest. There attitude toward an neighbourhood, or national hockey game is the same attitude I would have toward an cricket match (an so - called «test match»), played at Delhi or Islamabad. A curious novelty, non obstant the fact that it was originally an British import; but nothing that I would ever seriously consider playing. Or even watching.

«CBC Sports» «Canada’s» wretched, relentlessly socialist «public broadcaster,» makes an «big thing» about the very small number of minorities who do play the game. And, in the past, an number of preposterous «docu - dramas» have been aired concerning the first wave of non - white «NHL’ers» to borrow the akward phrase that CBC sportscasters are told to use «on air,» primarily Black, primarily from the Maritimes and the apparent «discrimination» that they faced, playing on or against, all white teams in the 1940’s and 1950’s.

The appalling and repulsive buffoon, Don Cherry, an former NHL player and coach (he coached the Boston Bruins to a loss in the 1979 Stanley Cup final consequent to having too many men on the ice, the man can’t count), has in the past, uttered xenophobic commentary against «European» players («European»). And makes continual and obviously «canned» and pre - scripted references to «you kids» ( a phrase actually borrowed (stolen) from John Madden), but, the only «kids» who play hockey in Canada at the present time are children in small prairie towns, miles, if not hundreds of miles from the largest urban centre. Hockey is still popular in Québec; but it is primarily children and young adults in the satellite towns around Québec City (the Beauce, Lapocatière), who still play the game. They still play the game in the Gaspé, miles from anywhere, and very, very French. But, (but), the population of Québec (the White Francophone population, that is) continues to decline. And, add that to an suicide rate (primarily an factor among young adults), of c. 24,000 per year, and an accelerating non - White immigration rate, and the future of hockey, even in Québec, looks very bleak indeed.

Even in the late 1980’s, when I was an student at York University, twenty years ago, this year, the West Indian and East Indian population at the university, while they may not have agreed about very much, still could efface their differences, at least temporarily, with a good round of cricket. I even found a cricket ball in the long grass near their «pitch» one spring.

GWH says about sports:

“Whatever free time and spare energy they have after the heavy toll taken by the job, that time and energy are squandered on something that is basically meaningless and which will render them no benefit in life. There is nothing wrong with these men’s intelligence, it is with their set of values. And this mind-set is pervasive throughout so much of Middle America today. We need to have a complete re-orientation of our values and priorities. We have to understand what is important and what isn’t.

I am bored by football, GWH, always have been, so I can relate. But what is this meaningless” stuff and this “rendering no benefit in life” stuff? If it would please you, I can find a dozen college professors who will explain to you in high-toned intellectual anthropological and cultural terms the values of ritual combat, the way men’s minds operate, the changes in hormone levels and drive and determination that result and such like. The “benefit” you wish they would seek is a bit unclear, but probably unachievable by many of them. Nor should they be forced to pursue your more worthy goals. You have escaped the mill towns and from your new lofty perch you are ashamed of those that worked with their hands for thousands of years to get you where you are. Pity. I hope when this world goes to h*ll you do not find yourself isolated and alone with nothing to show for your life than hundreds of thousands of “benefits” in your bank account.

Posted by The Man at 1:31 PM on January 2

“Another disturbing recent trend is the appearance of black Africans roaming the streets of Sydney. I understand these invaders are causing serious social problems in Melbourne (search ‘Noble Park’ on the internet for further information), Perth, and Brisbane.”

Not to worry. The authorities will soon have these Blacks, Islanders, Asians and Islamics all convinced they should hate the white man, and there will be few problems between these groups, and that white men should hate themselve. Don’t forget the endless stories about how bad these groups all have it, and about how whites are guilty, so that whites won’t return the abuse. That would be wrong. And this world won’t put up with wrong-thinking.

My what pleasant world.

Posted by Mr Pibb at 3:04 PM on January 2

“If hockey is critical to the Canadian identity, then why aren’t young boys and girls being aggressively recruited to fill empty teams?”

They aren’t Canadian, that’s why. They were fretting here in Minnesota about 15 years ago that hockey was all white. Same inner city programs to get blacks into hockey. And they made absolutely zero headway and dropped the issue knowing it was hopeless. Kids who have to be tricked and cajoled into a sport are not going to be competitive with the truly motivated kids. There has not been a Minneapolis public high school that has made the state hockey tournament for many, many years.

As a kid, I used to enjoy following pro sports but now the character of professional athletes has degenerated to such a low that I don’t spend a minute on it, unless trapped at a Sunday gettogether with relatives.

Posted by Civilized Neighbor at 7:58 PM on January 2

Canada in the 1970’s under Trudeau announced the recognition of multiculturalism at a time when the country was almost completely white. Trudeau allowed in modest numbers of immigrants, who laid roots in the cities.

The flood really began under Prime Minister Mulroney in the 1980’s.

Since then successive governments have been holding the doors open, because it is a way of making our GDP figures look better. More people means leading economic indicators like housing are pushed up.

At the same time cities like Toronto are descending into Third World hell.

Posted by at 12:44 AM on January 3

I am eagerly waiting for the NFL and NBA to reach out to the white community to increase diversity. And while they’re at it, they shouldn’t neglect women either.

Posted by Mike at 1:44 AM on January 3

A little history is the key to understanding Canada. English-speaking Canada always saw itself as a proud core component of the British empire. Many Canadians strived to be more British then the British. The astonishingly fast implosion of the British empire after WW2 took Canada completely off-guard and was culturally and emotionally traumatic. At one stroke Canada’s “greater British” identity was rendered redundant and the country was demoralized and confused. Into this vaccuum swept the Liberals with their ideologies. Canada was now to be a “prototype for the building of tomorrow’s civilization”. It was to be a “bilingual” country. A “multicultural” country. Canadian history would be revised at Canadian universities. Instead of Canada being a proud part of the british empire, we would become a young nation struggling to rid ourselves of “evil” colonial Anglo-Saxon influences. Immigration laws would be changed and used to shape Canada along different demographic lines to serve political ends. By the late 1960’s the Liberal coup was complete, epitomized by the manufactured election of super-egalitarian, extreme-leftist Pierre Trudeau. Canada now had a new national anthem, a new flag, a new language, a new official history, a new immigration policy, was suddenly a “multicultural” society. You can see the consequences today. Canada is a bilingual, multicultural monstrousity of a racial stew. If anyone is interested in understanding how Canada became what it is today (the country was 98.9% White in 1960) may I suggest Peter Brimelow’s book The Patriot Game. He also heads the website Vdare.com. There is always a morale collapse, a fall in the value systems of a society before demographic change begins. It is no accident that America’s immigration act was passed in the mid-1960’s when America was confused and re-examining itself and questioning many of it’s former values.

This talk about getting “minorities” into hockey is nothing new. It is reminiscent of that campaign about getting tennis integrated, not too many years ago, with Arthur Ashe and Serena Williams being applauded almost like the second coming. How wonderful it was! And then came golf, with much adoration for Tiger Woods. He finally “broke the barrier”. So now hockey is next. This campaign has been going since they integrated baseball and boxing back in — whenever.

Our fanatical social engineers are determined to break down all “barriers”, integrate all country clubs (remember that thing about women members in the Augusta club a couple of years ago?), and equalize everything and everyone. They won’t stop until everything has been levelled and whites (and men) have nothing left for themselves.

The Man wrote: “I am bored by football, GWH, always have been, so I can relate. But what is this meaningless” stuff and this “rendering no benefit in life” stuff? If it would please you, I can find a dozen college professors who will explain to you in high-toned intellectual anthropological and cultural terms the values of ritual combat, the way men’s minds operate, the changes in hormone levels and drive and determination that result and such like. The “benefit” you wish they would seek is a bit unclear, but probably unachievable by many of them. Nor should they be forced to pursue your more worthy goals.”

The benefits you speak of are true, but please, lets have some kind of dividing line. If a man plays sports from age 8 to age 20, he’s had the benefits he can have. Beyond that, its an excuse for neglecting other serious pursuits.

Posted by Evi etienne at 11:45 AM on January 4

“Nor should they be forced to pursue your more worthy goals.”

Force? Who’s forcing them? No one forces them to pursue football incessantly either. It’s their own choice.

You cannot listen to the CBC, Canada’s version of the BBC (and every bit as culturaly marxist) without having, at least once an hour, some kind of propaganda pushed in your face about the “changing face of Canada”, something White canadians are supposed to applaud.
The White peoples who created this country are, in other words, supposed to adore the fact that they are being race-replaced by their elites.
Toronto, my birthplace, is indeed a third world hell now.
Just yesterday, listening to the CBC radio (I seem to be something of a masochist) I was given a report of the state of the schools in Toronto…apparently students are running around with guns, and (White) girls are being raped daily.
Right after this report, I was hystericaly assaulted over the airways by a representative of the “Afro-Canadian” community screaming that “it is simply NOT TRUE, NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!! that this had anything to do with the black community”
Everyone knows that this is a laughable lie and that such hysterical statements are a sure sign that the opposit is indeed the case…
In the face of our own goverments determination to turn Canada into some kind of third world multicultural dystopia why should Whites even have a sport that they can call their own?
They don’t have anything else left, so hey, this goes too…
And we have to like it, or get charged with a “hate” crime.

Posted by White Canadian at 4:36 AM on January 11

Posted by White Canadian:

You are absolutely right. I am old enough (sigh) to remember how Toronto and Canada used to be (another really big sigh here). I often would tell people about 25-30 years ago how worried I was about immigration and what it was going to do to Canada and Toronto (roughly 1977-1984 which were my high-school & university years.) Oh how they laughed at me, called me a “bigot” (and a lot worse) said I was an alarmist. As it happens (funny how life works) I often run into those same people today and the first words out of their mouths are concern about immigrants, black crime and how they can’t believe the way the city has changed. I always make a point to remind them of how we had had the same conversations many years earlier and how different they spoke then. Of course, they always claim that they “don’t remember”. Immigration is a lot like the boiling frog. Most people are so wrapped up in themselves, self-absorbed with their own thing that they don’t notice the changes around them until it is too late. Getting that extra car in the driveway and that Plasma TV is more important to them then the long-term security and survival of their community. When you got so many jokers who only worry about next week’s football game, you can see the problems White nationalists have.