Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali Stands by His Views

AR Articles on Britain
Whites as Kulaks (Jan. 2002)
Report from Britain (Sep. 2001)
Oldham Erupts (Jul. 2001)
No Representation (May 2001)
The Racial Transformation of Britain (Aug. 2000)
Black Crime in Britain (Apr. 1996)
Search AmRen.com for Britain
More news stories on Britain
Jonathan Petre, London Telegraph, January 10, 2008

The Church of England bishop who provoked a storm by claiming Islamic extremists were making some areas “no-go” zones for non-Muslims has said he stood by his comments.

The Bishop of Rochester, the Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali, faced calls for his resignation after his article in The Sunday Telegraph.

But speaking from India, where he is attending a conference, the bishop claimed successive governments had failed to foster an “integrating vision” for Britain.

He said he was echoing concerns voiced by Trevor Phillips, chairman of the Equality Commission, and those in the 2001 Cantle Report on the race riots in Bradford, Oldham and Burnley.

“I deeply regret any hurt and do not wish to cause offence to anyone, let alone my Muslim friends, but unless we diagnose the malaise from which we all suffer we shall not be able to discover the remedy,” he said.

Gordon Brown said: “I know that there are pressures in many areas of the country but I don’t accept that there are or should be no-go areas in any part of the country.”

[Editor’s Note: Monday’s London Telegraph article and Bishop Nazir-Ali’s article can be read here.]

(Posted on January 10, 2008)

Comments

I find this similiar to the actions of certain Germanic barbarian tribes, when, as Rome neared collapse, attempted to preserve/defend the remnants of the Roman Empire.

And I think he should change “non-Christians” to “whites” - but that *would* make him seem like an “imperialistic, self-hating non-white”, wouldn’t it?

Posted by Obscuratus at 7:21 PM on January 10

“I know there are pressures in many areas of the country but I don’t accept that there are or should be no-go areas in any part of the country.” — Gordon Brown

Then go there, alone, dressed as a middle-class person … see what happens.

It might be that you “don’t accept” what will happen to you, but that won’t matter.

The British should be ashamed that it took an immigrant cleric to point out the glaringly apparent, but they are not. Instead, they are busy denying the obvious and making nice with the perpetrators. Now Bishop Nazir-Ali is sounding like post-scandal James Watson. Another lost opporutunity!

Posted by PBL at 7:58 PM on January 10

He was probibly pressured to “apologize” It is disgusting that any portion of a city is a no-go zone for native people of that country.

Posted by Spartan24 at 8:14 PM on January 10

I’m glad that he said it, but it would be better if someone
White had said it years earlier.

Posted by Ronduck at 8:19 PM on January 10

Hey Gordon, if you don’t accept that there are no-go zones for non- Muslins, why don’t you just take a little stroll (sans security) down one of your third-world streets and see what happens.

Yes, Klondike Ike, how true. And there are no “no go” areas in Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, New York City, San Franbcisco, on and on and on and on in the U.S. either, right El Busho?

Love to see Gordon Brown and our emperor dressed as commoners going throught London or the above U.S. areas at any time of the day or night.

If they survived, only bloodied, bruised, and beaten, I wonder what kind of lie they would tell to justify the racist havoc wrought on them? And if they were told that they would have to make the same trip twice per month I wonder if magically all those places would be neutralized.

Afterwards, maybe Sarkozy will allow them the same privelege to stroll in his African areas throughout France.

“In fact, all members of Parliament and the US congress should be required to visit all the aforementioned places, so they can partake of all the joys of diversity they helped create.”

I have the distinct premonition that white Marxist renegades will be made to walk ‘the mile of shame in precisely such areas, from which there will be no exit.

What just deserts, indeed!

Posted by A Swain at 11:45 PM on January 10

“The British should be ashamed that it took an immigrant cleric to point out the glaringly apparent, but they are not.”
Posted by PBL at 7:58 PM on January 10

They’d get thrown in jail for a hate-crime if they did!

Besides we Americans do the same thing. I remember the Minutemen parading “their hispanics” in front of the media in an effort prove that they were not in fact fight to preserve a White America…
Michelle Malkin and other non-white pundits get ample face time among racialist circles in an effort to say, “see even OUR ethnic-minority guy/gal says so!”

Unbelievably, in 2008, Whites are still afraid to stand up in public and promote White Interests without the aid of a non-White amen-ing in the background…

Posted by the Narrator... at 1:36 AM on January 11

And I thought Bush was an idiot.

Posted by Greg at 2:09 AM on January 11

“I’m glad that he said it, but it would be better if someone
White had said it years earlier.”

Enoch Powell, 20 April 1968:
“As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see ‘the River Tiber foaming with much blood’.”

Posted by Iain at 6:33 AM on January 11

— — -
Spoken like a true snot-nosed, know-nothing elitist. He should change his name to Nero and take up the violin.

Posted by ProudInfidel at 3:38 PM on January 11