Racial Harassment Still Infecting the Workplace

AR Articles on Anti-Discrimination Law
The Law is an Ass (Sep. 1999)
The Nightmare World of Anti-Discrimination Law (May 1992)
Obstreperous Whites (May 1993)
Who Wants to be a Black Millionaire? (Feb. 2001)
Search AmRen.com for Anti-discrimination Law
More news stories on Anti-Discrimination Law
Eve Tahmincioglu, MSNBC, January 13, 2008

Many of us are marveling at how seemingly far our society has come given a man with an African American heritage is being considered a serious candidate for president. But in the workplace, attitudes toward many black workers are anything but inspiring.

Racial harassment is up to record levels in offices and factories across the country, and we’re not talking just the use of the “N” word. Racist graffiti, Klu Klux Klan propaganda and even physical threats including the display of hangman’s nooses are included among the intimidation tools.

Racial harassment cases have more than doubled since the early 1990s, hitting an all-time high of 6,977 in 2007, according to EEOC data. (Blacks file nine out of 10 race harassment charges.) From fiscal 2000 to 2007, the EEOC received 51,000 racial harassment charge filings nationwide, already over the number received during the entire 1990s.

The big racial harassment payouts tend to get the headlines. Earlier this month, Lockheed Martin Corp. agreed to settle a case and pay $2.5 million to a black electrician who claimed he was harassed on a daily basis. He was threatened with lynching and once told: “If the South had won then this would be a better country.”

But cases like this with smaller monetary penalties are numerous, although they may not get as much press coverage.

According to an EEOC lawsuit involving AK Steel settled last February, workers were allegedly subjected to Nazi symbols, nooses, KKK videos, and graffiti with messages to murder blacks. In January 2007, EEOC settled the racial harassment suit against the company for $600,000.

And in July 2006, Home Depot paid a $125,000 settlement in a suit that alleged, according to the EEOC, “that a black former night crew lumberman/forklift operator was subjected to a racially hostile work environment because management condoned racial remarks by his supervisors who called him ‘black dog,’ ‘black boy.’” One manager even was charged with stating “that the Supreme Court had found black people to be ‘inferior.’”

Despite all these efforts that expanded greatly in the 1990s, hatred and ignorance apparently remain alive and well. There are a host of reasons racial harassment is escalating, according to labor experts, everything from a struggling economy that has caused major job insecurity to more people of color in the workplace, and even some blame violent video games.

While we think of cases of harassment typically hit the rank and file, some legal experts have seen an uptick in black managers being harassed. Judy Broach, an attorney who represents workers, says she’s seen many black managers quit their jobs in disgust because of harassment.

The influx of Gen Yers may also be contributing to the rise in reporting of such harassment, surmises Steve Pemberton, Chief Diversity Officer for Monster.com. “The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,” he explains.

Unfortunately, Bell adds [Myrtle Bell, an associate professor of management for University of Texas at Arlington], this type of bias against blacks isn’t going away anytime soon because it’s engrained in our society.

And even though Barack Obama is showing such potential as a presidential contender, the way people view him may be part of the problem. “People refer to him as a black candidate. He’s just as much white as he is black,” Bell points out. “That says a lot about race in America.”

(Posted on January 14, 2008)

Comments

Follw the money!!! The mere act of accusing someone of racially or sexually harrassing you is sure to get you a lot of easy money. The more payouts there are; the more claims will be made.

I find these racism allegations, in this day and age, to be unbelievable. It sounds like each of these victims has a lawyer pulling their strings for a percentage of the settlement.

Even that overweight bag of wind and hot air Oprah can’t make people see a silk purse where there is just a sow ear.

Posted by Poss at 8:38 PM on January 14

If Barack Husien Obama wasn’t born half White he would no doubt be just another crimial wandering around in our mist.

Posted by Bandmo at 8:38 PM on January 14

Last February year when it was just th two of us in the facutly lounge, a White male colleague who is a well-known sexist asked me why I was at school today. I responded “why would I not be here today?”

I was so angry by his hateful arrogance that I was tempted to report the incident to my dean. Eventaully, I felt that it was not worth it in that they already know what a pig he is.(I hate to use that term) but that is what he is.

The fact that he waited to make this comment to me in an isolated setting is a classic example of the type of racial harrassment that is taking place in workplaces accross the nation. It seems that Whites feel that they can say or do anything to Blacks and othe minorites and get away with it.

Hopefully some of the lawsuits will stop this sort of perverse harrassment.

Posted by Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14

The truth is that in order for these diversity trainers to keep their soft jobs they have to insist that racism is rampant. This is the main reason why racism will be kept alive.

Posted by Superwhite at 8:50 PM on January 14

While most of these “incidents” are hoaxes, I agree with this part:

Posted by St. Louis CofCC Blogmeister at 9:07 PM on January 14

Obama from the Trinity United Church of Christ calls for separatism from whites. Rev. Jeremiah T. Wright is Obama’s “spiritual advisor.” Racialist, political, unashamedly Black and unapologetically Christian, the church of Black Supremacy, non-negotiable commitment of Africa. Now we know why Obama will not wear the American flag pin and recites the Black Allegiance Pledge. Why isn’t this in mainstream media?

I’ve had more trouble working with blacks then every other group of people combined, by a wide margin. If I had my own business I would never hire a black based on my personal life experiences. I can also say that blacks are the least productive group of people there are.

I am 28 year old Black man. I work at a media consulting firm in Phoenix. At 5’4, 146lbs I am fairly short and small to boot. In fact, I am easily the shortest man who works there. I would say there is only one man who was smaller. He retired last year.

Most of them are close to, and many of the men are 6’0 feet or taller. I am also the only Black person employed at the company. There were two Black women, but when our company was merged, one was promoted to a more prestigious position in San Francisco and the other went with a 20 members of our previous staff to Denver to start a branch there.

I notice that when many of the other men talk to me they will look directly down over me and stir directly in my face. They get so close that it makes me uncomfortable. A couple of them have made comments about small guys being unable to have good sex and how they have short friends who are sexually frustrated etc… They seem to do this whenever I am in their presence.

One of the guys who was a linebacker in college literally picked me up and swriled me around several times to demonstrate to our co-workers how he would handle opposition players. Several of the men were athletes in college. I have made a complaint to management and they say “they will look into it.” These guys are constantly making crude comments about women, how much sex they have,etc… They are like a bunch of overgrown frat boys. I am beginning to fear for my physical safety.

I was glad to read this article. It has given me some options.

Posted by Walton at 9:15 PM on January 14

This article by Tahmincioglu is about as flimsily reasoned as the plot of a Three Stooges film (and that’s an insult to Curly, Moe, and Larry). To try to make her point that racism is alive and rampant, she resorts to two of the weakest tactics in a bush writer’s manual.

First, she sprinkles personal anecdotes amidst broad, unproven generalizations. Give a poor reader enough paragraphs like this and eventually a sponge effect takes place in which a person muses, “Hmm, there’s something wrong out there”.

Second, her historical methodology is poor. She seemingly morphs charges and reports of harassment and lack of so-called tolerance into hard fact! Oh wow, 6,977 charges were brought last year. Does she mention how many resulted in convictions? No. Does she mention that it has recently been made easier by Mother Government to lodge spurious charges? No.

Rubbish.

There is hope, however. Near the end of Tahmincioglu’s literary landfill, she quotes Steve Pemberton as saying, “The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,” he explains. What Pemberton meant as a damning quote against Whites is dipped in irony.

The White kids I saw as my teaching career progressed to retirement WEREN’T as tolerant as those of several decades ago. Buoyed by what they’ve experienced in an affirmative-action culture and a confiramtion of what many of their parents warned them about, they’re not falling for the toleration/sensitivity/diversity baloney that’s ruined cities and damaged the nation the last 40 years.

Yes, Virginia, there’s hope if we continue to write, speak out, and act.

Posted by Annoyed In Illinois at 9:16 PM on January 14

I don’t hate black people, or any other color of people. I just think that all areas of the globe ought to have their own place, free of interference and justification from different cultures.

“The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,”

I can attest to this - my son is 13 and he and his friends laugh at all the MLK assemblies, American History that spends 1/2 the time on the Holocaust, etc. They completely understand that this multicultural pablum is pure propaganda - and they are rebelling. What irony that this generation is rebelling against what their parents/grandparents rebelled against!

These kids get it - that is a good thing for our race and our place.

Posted by Renae at 9:32 PM on January 14

This is nothing but an anti-White editorial, masquerading as a feature story. Notice how there is not even a shadow of a suggestion that harassment in the workplace might be committed by blacks against Whites, as well as the other way around. Also, it’s interesting that the writer makes no effort whatsoever at balance or fairness; she proceeds with the assumption that every cry of “racism” or “harassment” uttered by a black is justified, and leaves us with the impression that blacks are never guilty of it themselves.

It’s also interesting that she notes in the story that “less than 20 percent” of such claims result in any compensation from the employer. She words it as if she’s saying, “Oh, isn’t that just such a shame and an injustice?” Lady, what it really tells us is that a large majority of such complaints are just hot air emanating from the officially aggrieved American minority.

Posted by Wayne Engle at 9:32 PM on January 14

This really makes me angry! Guess who’s eventually paying for all these lawsuits?!? These company’s settling are not helping anyone. They are justifying and affirming the black victim mindset, while whites and others wonder where their country went. I have worked with blacks whom those in positions of duty to act were afraid to reprimand/terminate b/c managment knows how they operate and a discrimination suit is likely. This is true even when a manager is black!

The author of this article would cause those who don’t know to wonder who is doing the harrassing but too many will believe such nonsense.

As I posted in the comments at another article, please read https://wordforit.wordpress.com, ‘Obamination’, and if that is an indicator of what is being pontificated from the church, it’s pulpit, magazine, and multiple programs, we haven’t seen the worst of the liars and hoodlums yet. It doesn’t take much thought to realize the anger and hostility toward whites a church like TUCC breeds and it is utterly disgusting that one of its members, Obama, is running for President.

Around 15 years ago, someone told me we were headed for another Civil War and I thought it wasn’t likely. Now, I’m not sure what, but something is going to happen! Blacks have too much unfounded rage and whites are not going to continue watching them be pacified. I do not claim that racism is nonexistent, but it works both ways and I think it’s worse toward whites than blacks.

I need to know if someone has ideas as to who will publish an article addressing this problem from the perspective of those of us who are fed up with tolerating false accusations. In reading the ‘Rants & Raves’ of a local paper, that’s pointless…

Sad, all the issues encompassing this. It’s about 100 other articles’ worth!! Or more?

God Help Us!!

Posted by Lily White at 9:34 PM on January 14

Whites who were fortunate enough to grow up in a segregated America might be persuaded that the stories they’d heard of Black antics were unfair stereotyping, but Whites who have grown up an integrated, affirmative action America know that the stereotypes are true, because they have their own stories to tell. Ms. Tahmincioglu might reasonably call it “hatred” ( “hate” is a verb, not a noun), but she can’t honestly call it ignorance.
Of course, these harassment stories are really the opposite of what they are alleged to be. Most of them are in fact fraudulent charges, pure administrative aggression by Blacks against Whites. It is hardly plausible that when almost all Black/White interracial violence is directed against Whites, almost all petty harassment should be directed against Blacks. We are asked to believe that while Blacks might rob you, they would never be rude to you. Many posters have said it before, Whites should avoid all unnecessary contact with Blacks.

Posted by Schoolteacher at 9:34 PM on January 14

“Racial harassment cases have more than doubled since the early 1990s, hitting an all-time high of 6,977 in 2007, according to EEOC data. (Blacks file nine out of 10 race harassment charges.)”

That doesn’t mean that acts of racism have doubled. It means that accusations have doubled. With all the PC hysteria, Blacks not only report non-racist acts as “discrimination”, they also, as is often found to be the case, creat hoaxes to manipulate the system.

Posted by enoughalready at 9:57 PM on January 14

“That says a lot about race in America.”

And the ones who trot it out the most are…BLACK.

How many of these claims were remotely substantiated?
My best guess is next to zero.

My initial reaction is one of disbelief. Most of these harrassment ‘crimes’ are usually perpetrated by the minorities in question.
If there is any element of truth at all here, then I would consider it backlash from all the diversity shoved down our throats.

Posted by kitty at 10:32 PM on January 14

Eve Tahmincioglu (who let her racist black butt in this country?) is a black racist woman for writing such a one-sided argument. Every non-black in America (and I mean every non-black) sees with his/her own eyes that blacks are not nearly as productive as non-black workers. Sure, there are exceptions but there is no doubt that every non-black in America sees this truth with their own eyes. Explain it how you’d like but I see no reason to believe this will ever change. White leaders are so intimidated and fearful of blacks they do not have the guts to march for the Civil Rights of non-black people (especially for the presently oppressed white race) in the face of black intimidation, murder, rape, looting, carjacking, and home invasions. They are afraid of being called racists. Screw that word - just march. Tell the Uncle Teds and Uncle Abrahams that what we offer them is spit - straight from our mouths. The status quo can not stand. The nation state is almost over I fear. And I do fear it for our worst post USA fears may not be as bad as the reality.

Posted by Elrey Jones at 10:52 PM on January 14

“The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers.”

So if the Baby Boomers die out the world will return to normal?

Are they going to post the number of cases where:
1. “Racially harrassing” material was placed in the ‘workplace’.
2. An “African-American” was found responsible.
3. The black in question not only didn’t recieve punishment from the company, but instead the “white, oppressive nature” of the company in question was “debated” by such notaries as the NAACP?

Of course not.

“He’s just as much white as he is black,”

Well, he “may” be genetically, but his campaign position certainly doesn’t reflect any “equality” between each part of his personality - time and time again, he prefers his “blackness” over his “whiteness”.

““The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,”

Thank God for that! But the majority of baby-boomers…let’s not go there, shall we?

Posted by Obscuratus at 10:56 PM on January 14

I used to be skeptical of these kinds of stories but after hanging out on this site for months I am now ready to fully believe it. I’ve read all the comments on this site and sometimes posters will admit to biased behavior. One guy who claimed to be a teaching assistant said he devotes his attention to the white kids because he thinks society gives too much attention to the black kids. Another guy claimed to have stolen the medication of a Chinese engineering grad student, creating an episode for him and leading the foreign student to drop out.

I used to think this kind of blatant behavior was a thing of the past and that if it did happen it was exceedingly rare. But to see people personally brag about it here has made me change my worldview.

“I need to know if someone has ideas as to who will publish an article addressing this problem from the perspective of those of us who are fed up with tolerating false accusations.”

The trick is, I would think, addressing the problem of blacks who are ‘harassing’ whites. That’s the nature of a free society, being open to all viewpoints/feelings. This should be the easy part, too. After all, whites are victims of harassment much more often than the other way around. And indeed, they almost exclusively are.

Posted by LHathaway at 11:04 PM on January 14

“Hopefully some of the lawsuits will stop this sort of perverse harrassment.” Posted by Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14

Brenda, we can all tell anecdotes: There is a black racist where I work who openly and loudly calls white co-workers “Peckerwoods”. I’ve been around groups of blacks loudly making “white boy” jokes. I regularly see blacks with blatantly racist statements/symbols on their shirts. (Remember when blacks everywhere were flaunting the “X”?)
Blacks don’t fear being quite open in their racism: They know they are untouchable. (It’s called “Black Skin Privilege”.)

Posted by Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14

Brenda, I very much doubt your story about that terrible “white male”. The biggest workplace sexual harrassers are black males. But you’ve got a lot of gall complaining about some white male. What do you suggest should be done about something a little more serious? That is, 30,000 white women being raped by black men each year in the U.S. (including 8,000 gang raped), while the reverse is nearly non-existent. Wouldn’t you say that’s a little more serious than your minor story, even if it were true?

“The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,”

What did they think would happen? If you cram this nonsense down people’s throats from the time they are born, they will either become desensitized to it or begin to take a good hard look at it and see it for what it really is. Even a puppy will snap at you if you twist it’s tail.

Posted by idareya at 11:36 PM on January 14

Well, well, well. As Rush Limbaugh would call Brenda and Walton, we have some “seminar cllers” in our midst.

Hey, Brenda: Life is full of insults. Be BETTER than the sluggo who tries to rip on you. A lawsuit won’t get your soul anywhere.
If you’re truly as virtuous as you say, the good folks around you will notice what’s going on.

Yo, Walton: Everyone of us knows of someone who tries to use his/her height to harass. Get over it, develop thicker skin (no pun intended) or learn to cope. Life takes a “psychological toll” on everyone who lives it to the fullest.

I taught high school freshmen for 33 years. Ever get called an MF or an a _ _ _ _ _ _ by someone barely into his teens? It ain’t fun but you live with it, learn from it, consider the source, and persevere.

Whining and threatening a suit won’t change much, either. Remember the little jerks when we were small who were always threatening to tell the teacher that others were bugging them? Where did they rank in our eyes? Always at the bottom of the list.

Be the best at your job, let the chips fall where they may, and never let anyone think you’re hiding behind your skin.

While you’re at it, go somewhere else and find a site that’ll put up with your frustrations. This isn’t Freud’s cyber couch.

Posted by Annoyed In Illinois at 11:41 PM on January 14

People prefer their own kind. Birds of a feather.

Posted by Instinct at 11:45 PM on January 14

I keep hearing in these news stories that Obama is the first “serious” black candidate for president. What are these reporters saying? That Jackson and Sharpton were “frivolous?” Isn’t that a racist statement in itself? I’m shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you!

I’ll bet these reporters didn’t say at the time that Jackson and Sharpton were running that they were “frivolous!” But, you see, every black action has to be framed as a glorious advancement for “civil rights.” At the time that Jackson and Sharpton were running, THAT was glorious too!

Posted by Tim in Indiana at 11:56 PM on January 14

We didn’t have these problems in the segregated South. Nor lots of other problems.

If the country were once again segregated, Walton at 9:15 PM on January 14 wouldn’t have to wonder if his being twirled in the air was because of his race, and Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14 wouldn’t have to be insulted by some white jerk.

Brenda, you do realize that it goes in both directions, right, that whites are insulted racially by blacks quite regularly? And as you know from your own unpleasant experience, such contemptuous insults can leave a person feeling cut pretty deeply.

At least your race doesn’t have to worry about physical violence from whites now, whereas whites very much have to worry about physical violence from blacks.

Yes, I think we can all see clearly, and agree, that segregation of blacks and whites would be the best solution. Thanks to all of you for attending this diversity workshop, and I’m so glad we were able to reach a consensus.

Posted by H. Dumpty at 12:22 AM on January 15

The number of fraudulent complaints increases as the lie that America is no more than a racist conspiracy is repeated. The smug, sad little people who condemn the country, and all the white people in it, may believe that they are doing black folk a favor. But every time some slimy opportunist starts ranting about his race and his mistreatment and his tough life in general, with no proof of any wrong-doing, I am less inclined to give the next black person I meet the benefit of any doubt. If they don’t tone it all down to some reasonable level, it is going to drive most of America into the arms of genuine bigots.

Posted by Ric Blair at 12:27 AM on January 15

Brenda at 8:50 PM: I counted seven spelling errors and six errors in grammar or punctuation. Not bad for a Balck female law professor.

Posted by Schoolteacher at 12:39 AM on January 15

In Canada, where such programs have been installed for at least 30 years, Whites have been trained to walk on eggshells with the minorities in their workplaces. Many are so fearful of complaints, (in which they are automaticaly assumed to be guilty by the goverment inquisitors-invariably “people of color”)and fearful for their livelihoods, that they will even abase themselves in an effort to prove that they are not racists.
This daily humiliation of Whites, who founded and built the once proud country of Canada, by “minorities’ (who in the major cities of Canada are now majorities), abeted and encouraged by their own goverments and goverment hired minorities with a sense of entitlement and a huge chip on their shoulders, has got to, on some level anger the newer generation of Whites coming into the new dystopia in which they are automaticaly assumed to be racists (despite their own abasement), create anger and fear.
However, the passive sheeple who are the Whites of Canada now, would never dream of letting this show, or god forbid, make them ACT.
BTW, we were not always this way. Once we were proud of our accomplishments. We were once a tough, pioneer people who were feared souldiers in both world wars, and had the third largest navy in the world.
Now look at us…cowed,intimidated, brainwashed since birth to accept their own race replacement by a hostile elite with a smile.
Sometimes my own people make me sick. I don’t want to feel that way, but I do.
Pessamism, in this New Canada, is hard to avoid.
I hope that the Whites of the USA have a little more backbone than I see in my own people.

Posted by White Canadian at 12:43 AM on January 15

I made a post(I think it didn’t go through - machine locked up??) very similar to several here - almost frightening so - along the lines of the Gen-Y attitude being something of an ironic backlash to the madness the Boomers themselves are largely responsible for! The teens, twenty-somethings, even early thirty-somethings(Gen-x) are the first generations to have lived in a fully(and increasingly)multiracial, widely integrated America. And as others noted, they, unlike the idealistic Boomers who talk of Diversity and live as far from it as possible, have been forced to live, work and attend schools with non-whites all around them…and they know how these people think and behave! And evidently, they don’t like it very much at all. I must say, I am very encouraged by this trend!

Posted by HH at 12:53 AM on January 15

Posted by Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14

Ah yes, a classic example of what exactly? a 2-bit joke? Everyone look nice and well at this (rather ignorant) post and really take it in. Did he call you the “N-word”? did he in any way do anything bar lightly graze your feeling for but 5 minutes with a 5th grader level remark? See people, this is where the absurdity steps in. poke at your “feelings” in the slightest jest and suddenly its law suit worthy. Though the bleeding hearts you would have “reported” this “racist” incident to would surly see things your way. Anyone with any common sense can see such a “problem” is worth nothing more than a bat of the eyes. Is that truly what passes for racial harassment nowadays? a remark on a presidents birthday? even if he had that undertone it simply in no way compares to the broad ways whites are harassed by blacks with the outright racial slurs and physical violence that have become more and more commonplace (don’t believe me? you should check the statistics on interracial crime, if you stick around, i may just do it for you). To add, not only did he only do that but just once? what makes you think you deserve some kind of special treatment over one small incident when others have consistent harassment to a much larger degree?

To all fellow amrenner’s, may this be proof as to why so much “racial harassment” is still reported everywhere. it is because blacks are so much more sensitive to anything than anyone else. While others would report something thats an actual extreme, many blacks would report something as timid as an offbeat remark that never happened again, or in some cases, things that have absolutely nothing to do with race, but they decided to throw that spin on it. (eg. blaming not getting that promotion/raise/job/special treatment, strictly on race and not lack of skill.)

Posted by Stuck in No Mans Land at 1:16 AM on January 15

This article is just half the story . I live in the Black Belt and I am here to say discrimination and harassment of whites has been present since the late sixties and is now reaching a pandemic level . Go in any major chain and the workforce is easily 80 to 90% black . If a white does manage to find employment there, they usually do not last long . When technology began eclipsing our jobs with a major southern corp, we were tested and lo and behold I was the only one to fail . At first I accepted it but then I began to challenge the results . I was finally told by the personnel manager, who was black, “all I can tell you is that it is now being challenged in the courts .” That statement couldn’t have meant anything but Affirmative Action, it obviously had been ordained that a white had to fail and I was the man . If you live in an area that is majority white you just do not know how lucky you are . I try to urge all young Southerners to get out of the South or at least the Black Belt . You simply cannot compete against the numbers, especially when the government is on their side and biased against you because you are white and Southern .Knowing this and then having to sit back and listen to such contrived drivel as this article really adds insult to injury .

Posted by at 1:42 AM on January 15

“I am Balck female law professor at a school located in the southeastern part of the nation.
…………………..
Hopefully some of the lawsuits will stop this sort of perverse harrassment.
Posted by Brenda at 8:50 PM on January 14”

“I am 28 year old Black man. I work at a media consulting firm in Phoenix.
………………..
I was glad to read this article. It has given me some options.

Posted by Walton at 9:15 PM on January 14”

I am Balck troll, who can not spell so good, and probably is not a native Enlish speaker. Perhaps I am writing these phony posts from Nigerian internet cafe.

I am happy for future.

Posted by CSinAL at 2:13 AM on January 15

A friend of mine was a tenured professor at a prestigious Soutern law School. He invited me to a foot ball weekend at his school and since we were old Navy buddies,it degenerated into a 48 hour blow out.
His team got the tar beat out of them, so at the after game cocktail party people were in a lousy mood. I started holding court in the corrner telling stories about how young women lawyers were wrecking the practice, a subject I`m an expert on after about 6 Borbons straight up.
He got in trouble because of a complaint leveled by a female law instructor with 1 year`s expierence. His sin was inviting me to such a function and not supervising me better. She hadn`t been there but had heard about my filthy jokes and sexist and tasteless prattle.
They couldn`t do much to him because he had tenure but they did put a warning letter in his jacket and of course recommend diversity training.
When he told me about it, I went ballistic and asked if he wanted me to apologize to the woman [? ] I offended. He laughed like someone watching his first W.C. Fields movie and asked me if I wanted to teach his class the next week.
I stayed pretty sober and taught for an entire week without any trouble. The last day a female student came forward and told me she had taped every word of my lectures for the purpose of filing a bar complaint against me and that every night she and two lady teachers would go over them trying to find objectionable sections.
I was taken aback just a tad. Then she asked me what I thought about that. I told her I taped everything myself and found out at least seven instances where I said hateful and bigotted things about black and women lawyers. I lied of course; however I knew she and her coven of witches would spend weeks trying to find them. Modern legal education, it`s modern but not education.
Charles B. Tiffany
Kissimmee, Florida

Posted by Charles B. Tiffany at 2:15 AM on January 15

I used to be quite tolerant but not anymore, I just got fed up with having rammed down my throat. This just another black scam to bilk whitey.

Posted by Jim at 3:35 AM on January 15

He replied “Don’t you know,it is Lincoln’s birthday?” Afterwards, he crakced a smile,turned around and left. >>>>>>

A balk femal lawyer? Okay…

When I was in college I was working as a bike mechanic. There was a younger black mechanic there who wasn’t all that good. When I wasn’t there he would go through the bikes I had worked on and mess them up. My car got keyed and spraypainted. On days when I left the shop after dark I would suddenly find myself surrounded by three or four big black “gangstas” threatening me and wanting to know if I was selling drugs on their turf. One time I got threatened with a gun. I found out later that the black mechanic was pissed at me because I got the job (through better skills and talent) instead of one of a black person. He later got fired for selling drugs out of the shop.

Recently I was sitting in the living room of a black man. My daughter was there working with his daughter on a group project for school. There were three other white parents there, and he made a point of making sure we knew that he rooted for whoever was black. Black coaches, black football players, black musicians, said it over and over. And this jerk was a doctor. If a white person had said such things, he would have been sued. So did I complain to the school administration? Did I give him a lecture? Hardly. I just snorted to myself and thought, “Typical.”

I’ve had death threats from Arabs when I dared to ask a business question directly from a secretary, told point blank to leave a college group project because I wasn’t Vietnamese, and been physically threatened countless times by blacks.

So, you’re complaining about some measly little Abraham Lincoln comment? And some other black person is complaining about “short” comments? Suck it up, you little whiners. Until you’ve had your property damaged and your life threatened, nothing’s happened to you.

But there’s one other threat you guys don’t ever have to worry aobut, and that’s the threat of a claim by a white person who feels you have slighted him in some minor way, probably resulting in the loss of your job. You jerks can say nearly anything you want and get away with it, but God help the white people if your pizza gets delivered five seconds later than somebody else’s. But like that black doctor, you probably insult white people a hundred times a day, and you don’t know it and don’t care.

I’d be willing to make a bet that if you were videotaped going about a typical day’s activities and everything you did was then done by a white actor and the race comments were reversed and played back to you, you’d find yourself outraged.

Posted by at 3:53 AM on January 15

“It seems that Whites feel that they can say or do anything to Blacks and othe minorites and get away with it.”

We whites have had to put up with similiar treatment..no, make that MUCH WORSE…from blacks (and other racial groups) for so very long. All of that is coming back to haunt blacks.What goes around comes around. Even once multi-culti, PC sorts like myself are changing their mindset pretty darn fast after so much beligerent treatment, even from educated, professional blacks. I don’t want to see anyone harassed at work or in any setting. however, as for your co-workers comment, get over it.If that is all you have to endure, consider yourself mighty lucky. Imagine if the situation were reversed and you were white in a majority black environment. What we have to endure is unspeakable, and there is no one,no media,no supervisor,absolutely no one to run to with complaints.And that includes going to a black police officer if a white person should find themselves in a majority black situation. I know I speak for many when I say I am sick of it. Like I said, I don’t want to see anyone harassed, anywhere. But, let blacks look at their own behavior before they criticize others or complain.

Posted by multi culti no more at 3:56 AM on January 15

Brenda and Walton:
There was a scene in the movie Anger Management where Adam Sandler asks “what’s wrong with you people.” The black guy says “what do you mean ‘you people’?” It was meant to be silly and outrageous, but I don’t think the writer of the script realized how accurately it depicts the realty of things.
I am not saying that you two were not subjected to some form of harassment; what I am saying is that the majority of so called “harassment” is baseless.
If you walk around with a chip on your shoulder (the Nagin version is a “chocolate chip”), devote your time and energy to find that one “word” that can be used loosely to file a complaint, and throw down that old worn out race card - you’re a winner!

Posted by Dave at 6:43 AM on January 15

The commenter named Brenda, the “Balck female law professor,” seems to possess a rare facility with the written English language. If her job performance is similar to her writing style, one would have to wonder why she isn’t harassed at work more often.

Posted by Wheeler MacPherson at 7:27 AM on January 15

I’m encouraged to hear that younger people aren’t as gullible as the babyboomers.

Tom Iron…

Posted by Tom Iron... at 7:51 AM on January 15

The letter above from “Brenda”is hysterical. She claims to be a “BALKC professor on the FACUTLY of a law school”: The numerous other misspellings are as funny as her claims of discrimination.

Posted by Cliff Yablonski at 8:09 AM on January 15

I work at a University and I see much more interracial dating then I ever saw in my college days back in the seventies. There are also many more mixed groups of students, and close friendships between the races. I’ve seen things I’d never dreamed I’d see twenty years or even ten years ago. There is an explosion of racial harassment — Cui Bono? Of course, I live in a predominately white state, and states with higher percentages of blacks have more prejudice — I’ve often wondered why????!!

Posted by Sardonicus at 8:09 AM on January 15

Here’s a piece of advice for “Brenda,” the law professor, who complained in her post about a remark a White colleague made to her about Lincoln’s birthday: Next time, copy edit your post before you turn it loose. You say you are a college professor, yet you spelled “black” as “balck,” “faculty” as “facutly,” “cracked” as “crakced,” and “eventually” as “eventaully.”

I realize others who post here make the occasional spelling or grammatical error — I’ve made a few myself. But when you are a black posting on a White nationalist website, and you proclaim yourself a college professor to boot, you’d be well advised not to leave yourself wide open to replies like this one.

Posted by Wayne Engle at 8:11 AM on January 15

HO HUM! Racial harassment charges, here we come again. And again. And again. Are we really meant to take these ridiculous charges seriously?

Like that female “law professor” (count the misspellings in her post) claiming to be offended over something as trivial as that Lincoln’s Birthday comment made to her. WHERE, oh please, is the insult or offense? Shucks even Blacks can’t feign to be that sensitive, to find an insult in a simple comment like that. Or can they? (Should I, a White man claim offense, were a Black to ask me why I worked on Robert E. Lee’s Birthday?)

For the life of me, if Blacks see so much racism and racial harassment under every rock and pebble, why don’t they pack up and head back to Africa? Bring their ‘brains and talents’ and improve conditions in whatever African country they settle down in.

Blacks claim to perceive and experience such an incredible amount of overt and covert racism, anti-Black bias, etc. Whites, in turn, perceive so much crime by Blacks, anti-White violence and crime specifically directed at Whites. Nor forgetting the senseless destruction of inner cities by Blacks (not, as Blacks might claim, by racist Whites in blackface makeup). Then there’s the well-proven tendency of crime, vandalism and destruction to RISE commensurate with the influx of Blacks into White communities. I can’t help wondering, if Blacks could just possibly see a connection. Like the contempt they claim emanating from Whites, and White peoples’ perception of their constantly demonstrated criminal mentality. Or, for that matter, that no Afro-American male feels complete unless he has a White female — while the average White male would no more want a Black female for sex than… . (you fill in the blank).

Whenevever Black sports figures, entertainers, politicians and religious leaders are charged with crimes, you can hear the “if they wuz White nobody’d care” chorus in the background. Well, those incessant claims of racial harassment, nooses, etc., have about the same degree of credibility now in White peoples’ minds. If Blacks claim to feel an air of contempt for them, by Whites, it might just possibly be with ample reason.

Posted by Fed Up at 8:14 AM on January 15

I was in the military and saw many cases of racial harassment first hand. All were by blacks against non-blacks. That is what turned me from a naive liberal into someone who knows the truth about black racism.

One of the reasons for these alleged figures is that whites (and others) are not encouraged to file complaints against black racism. We need our own NAACP and/or Jesse Jackson.

Posted by LouLou at 8:14 AM on January 15

As with the alleged burning of black churches, we’re given shocking ‘facts’; racial harassment cases have doubled! Racial harassment is occurring at record numbers!

All readers of AR know that vast majority of harassment cases are in the mind of the accuser. What they hear is not racial harassment but the sound of a cash drawer springing open.

This reminds me of the time I overheard two black men, one a UPS driver, discussing people they knew who ‘got theirs’; a phrase meaning that they got money in a lawsuit. The non-UPS guy even commented that he was waiting to ‘get his’ which meant he was looking for a lawsuit to cash in.

Being around black is always lose-lose. Stay away from blacks. Don’t make an effort to befriend them. Be polite and helpful if asked for help but don’t ever put yourself in a position where you have extended interaction because every second you’re around a black person is like walking through a minefield.

Posted by sbuffalonative at 8:44 AM on January 15

Work with them. Experience the black co-worker. Nothing opens the eyes like exact close physical interaction with the black race. Learn the true meaning of of the word naivete. Ephiphanize on why stereotypes are more than just imaginations.

Posted by Mr Mann at 10:38 AM on January 15

Arc.

Posted by Arcadian at 11:09 AM on January 15

brenda,

lincoln’s birthday used to be a holiday. it was consolidated to presidents day and given to MLK.

if you take MLK day off, it’s racism.

government should take the same days off as everyone else.

presidents day is a racist consolidation. it should be eliminated just like MLK day. government should not be more equal than the private sector. we pay a larger percentage of your salary and benefits.

mark

Posted by nologic at 11:11 AM on January 15

I’m tired of being treated as a second class citizen. I’m tired of seeing other people get hired before me, and get into college before me because their test scores are artificially inflated because of their race.
I’m tired of being called a racist and being forced to go to “diversity” seminars. I’m tired of my race being called the cause of all the problems in the world.

Posted by "Sharia-compliant" at 11:41 AM on January 15

“There are a host of reasons racial harassment is escalating, according to labor experts, everything from a struggling economy that has caused major job insecurity to more people of color in the workplace, and even some blame violent video games.”

They neglected to mention affirmative action for the undeserving, black on white violence, illegal immigration and the fact that if people don’t vote for a multi-racial society they are not obliged to be tolerant.

As a Gen-Xer I guess I was ahead of the curve in recognizing that the tale of blacks suffering white racism was greatly exaggerated - especially in comparison to whites suffering harrassment, theft, violence and death at the hands of blacks. In my twenties at college where the anti-white racism was basically an avalanche, I knew that the picture being presented to me was backward. Every little obscure factoid about evil whitey mistreating blacks two centuries prior was in textbooks but you could not find ANY information about contemporary black on white crime rates anywhere. That in itself spoke volumes. When I actually came across the facts regarding black on white crime and violence it was immediately obvious why they are the most closely guarded secret in the United States outside the nuclear launch codes.

Posted by Civilized Neighbor at 12:50 PM on January 15

“………..I do not remember the other smaller guy being treated this way, so I am beginning to wonder if race is a factor in their behavior. I like what I do and I am making substantial money for someone my age and have family in the area. Therefore, I would like to stay here. However, such behavior is beginning to take a psychological toll on me.”

I was glad to read this article. It has given me some options.

Posted by Walton at 9:15 PM on January 14

> Discrimination due to being short is real. Stats have shown that shorter people make less money and suffer various selection discrimination. Short people, especially men are often selected out for various forms of bullying or just simply dismissal.

I am 5’6” and was always the short kid, except for a period when I was 14 and caught up for a short period. While I am not as short as you, I found problems from the start. But I seemed to have an inborn spirit that would not yield. I was bullied in elementary school until I finally pulled my oppressor out of the line we were in and gave him a vigorous right and left cross. I never trained that, it just came out and it was perfectly timed and landed the jerk on his butt. After that, anyone who pushed me around or even took a pen out of my pocket (happened once) got a first on the nose. One of my fourth grade report cards says, “Mark plays rough.” Damn right, by high school, no one messed with me. And yet I was a varsity public speaker.

Even so, I have noticed that many had to be “enlightened” one way or another. I made up for my size with a very successful 25 year athletic career in individual sports where size did not matter. Taking out tall guys was my speciality and I learned to love being underestimated. When I lived and worked in Easter Europe, I noticed a complete lack of judgement toward me as a short man, but I had a lot of automatic respect as an educated (lettered) man. So it is cultural.

The answer; you have to fight back one way or another. Many short or not so good looking people have found their balance by being smarter. Many great chess players are short. Get these tall guys to play chess - after you master it. Self image after all, has a lot to do with it.

Posted by Whiteplight at 1:10 PM on January 15

I’m curious to know if there are any AR readers who couldn’t get through the article. I personally stopped at the third paragraph and turned away from it the way I might if I was listening to a horrible screeching sound and wanted to get away and protect my ears in case it got louder. In short, something that drastically offends the sensibilities.

But this situation doesn’t have to do with one of the five senses merely, this has to do with Reality, and how they are obviously commited to twisting it and they are not letting up.

That’s MSNBC folks. One of the largest news outlets in the world……

Ok, just went back and finished it and I have to say, it met my expectations, all of them.

I’ve said this recently in another post, and I’ll say it again, and I’m mostly speaking to myself in an attempt to walk the talk.

But Racial Realisms emphasis should be on REALISM, as in Reality, more than on Race. The reason is easy to see.

Race is a reality but it does not determine each and every response that we have. If it did then everyone within each Race would always agree with each other, and no Race does. No Family does for that matter. But certainly no Race. Even the Chinese, who have an usual gift for conformity, do not all agree with each other. A fact made plain during the uprising in 1989, not to mention the prompt and successful squashing of that uprising. No one knows exactly how many people were killed.

In any event, this applies more to Whites than any other Race. We are the most diverse Race on the planet. Still diversity of opinion does not necessarily mean complete divergence of principle. I think, for all of the different perspectives one finds here at AR, and will probably hear at the Conference, there is unanimous agreement on general principles.

For example, I think most here would agree that a Democracy, for all its faults is better than a Politically Correct, Multi-Cultural Police State.
That Freedom of Speech is better than Selective Speech.
That Reality is better than Anti-Reality.

And this brings me to my point. You can debate about Race and agree on certain principles, like Free Speech, etc. but disagree on specific approaches. A wonderful - Wonderful - example of this can be found in the online debate between Jared Taylor and Steve Sailer (see the Vdare Archives).

But no one can debate as to whether or not we live in Reality.

You CAN debate interpretation, of course.

But you can not debate FACT.

The French Revolution happened. WHY it happened is another matter. But clearly one of the things it inspired was an explosion in research and critical thinking throughout all of Europe. No conincidence why the 19th Century gave us so many great thinkers whose ideas we are still grappling with.

But the most important of all was Science, as in, Modern Science.

The West is ahead of the rest of the world because of Science and Science is ahead of all other forms of Explanation (that’s what Science essentially is, an Explanation) because of how it works.

It works by constantly exposing all Theory to the Data, until the Theory breaks down under the stress of the Data and is modified; and so on, and so on. It is a never-ending process that gives endless zest to living. That is, if its basic principles are applied to all of our affairs. But it is not for everyone, as the success of Political Correctness makes perfectly obvious.

For all of its surface complexity Science is essentially engaged in a very simple Behavioral process, ie; exposing all Theory to the Data (the way we used to expose our sins to Gods omniscience), all Explanations to Experience, and all Language to Reality.

It is all about living in Reality.

The Politically Correct, Multi-Cultural Police State is all about Anti-Reality.

These are the boundry lines of the current Cultural War.

All of the old Cultures, without exception, have always operated out of Four Sanctions

Economic Deprivation
Imprisonment
Torture
Death

as a means of protecting itself.

As the great Cultural Historian Morse Peckham once pointed out, it is no coincidence that the cultural areas that permitted Democracy and Modern Science to flourish are the areas that have developed the Four INVERSIONS to the four sanctions.

Economic Ease
The Principles of Freedom
Respect for the Individual
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
No human can live without a certain amount of Order. The West, Europe and America, or at least one aspect of it, have attempted to use Order to encounter Reality. The way Science applies Theory to Data. The PC Multi-Culti Police State uses its Order to protect itself from Reality and the frequently unpleasant facts such Reality often contains. This was evident in the above article, which practiced the PC technique of demonizing obvious, irrefutable and, apparently to them, unpleasant, facts. It was also evident in the post by “Brenda”. Which demonstrated another symptom of the illness that is PC, ie; Myth of Innocence, which goes like this, “We never do ANYTHING wrong, things are done to us.” When you think like this you never learn and never grow and consequently become more and more dependent on an ever narrowing point of view whose foundation is Anti-Reality.

Both approaches, Reality and Anti-Reality, have a tremendous effect on the Pscyhe, as in Psychology. One Healty, the other Unhealthy. And Psychology is one discipline we use to help us understand Reality. The focus of the debate should be here.
We should put them on the defensive by pointing out to them, and anyone else listening, the FACT that they refuse to live in Reality and as a result, have long since been evincing symptoms of various Personality Disorders among their Preachers and their Choir (like the writer of this article, her employer, MSNBC, and Brenda). And that the consequences of their Behavior (and Anti-Reality is about NEVER having to face the consequences) is quite literaly effecting the HUMAN Race’s ability to talk to itself, face its problems, and hopefully, solve them. And since a large part of Human Behavior is centered around problem-solving, their behavior is inhibiting our ability to be Human. In short, it’s an illness, a Psychological Illness that must be confronted without delay.

Posted by Dedalus at 1:25 PM on January 15

11:03 p.m. wrote:
________________
That was me, and it’s a true story. It was before I was racially conscious however. We did it not because of his race, but because of his nationality and because we “just didn’t like the guy.”

Hey, Brenda, Ms. “Law Professor,” next time when you post better get a (White) English professor to proof your work before you turn it loose. You spelled “black” as “balck,” “faculty” as “facutly,” “cracked” as “crakced,” and “eventually” as “eventaully.” Yes, I know, other posters make spelling or grammatical errors; I’ve made some myself. But when you come onto a White nationalist website and announce yourself as black, then complain about “discrimination,” you leave yourself wide open to ridicule when you post such illiterate comments.

Posted by Wayne Engle at 2:11 PM on January 15

— >“Despite all these [diversity training] efforts that expanded greatly in the 1990s, hatred and ignorance apparently remain alive and well.”

“The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers.”

So if the Baby Boomers die out the world will return to normal?

I’m beginning to think there is hope for the future with these observations that “the younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the (traitorous) baby boomers.

As someone else pointed out, a lot of the boomers grew up in a time when the vast majority thought of race equality in the abstract, and did not grow up around substantial numbers of blacks and/or Mexicans.

What with the disastrous change in demographics, and the saturation of black “culture” that rots our popular culture, these kids have to grow up with that which there parents did not have to. They see for themselves the realities of racial differences; in intelligence and school acheivement, extraordinary rates of crime, lack of civility, still using slave grammar after being here for 400 years, and on and on. There are a million PC rationalizations for Black failure, most having to do with imagining white racism under every rock, when the reality is that it takes intelligence to succeed in a technological world, and average black IQ is a full standard deviation below that of whites.

To kids growing up today, that is not in the realm of theory. They witness and experience these real racial differences every day.

They know a load of dung when they see it. Most of these kids see right through the big diversity/multiculti lie. They are our hope. Ironic that what may cure America will be a big dose of what the diversity traitors rammed down our throats.

Posted by Kent at 2:24 PM on January 15

What’s at issue here really isn’t prejudice. Its postjudice. Even a dumb white guy is eventually going to learn from sad experience.

Posted by Machifer at 2:35 PM on January 15

Remember, this reporter has an direct email link from her article. No doubt she’s a brainwashed lib, but let’s let her know ALOT of people have different viewpoint, that there ARE different views! Tell here about black crime and black hatred against whites and whether it even occurred to her that maybe some of the accusations were made up so some working stiff would win TWO AND A HALF MILLION dollars!!! Hell, I’ll paint myself black and get harassed myself if I could retire for life because I was treated rudely!!

Posted by Tom Stanton at 3:00 PM on January 15

A good portion of these harrassment allegations are hoaxes but incivility is quite common in the workplace. Some companies seem to have a hiring policy of ‘jackasses only’. I’ve witnessed behavior in all white offices that without a doubt justified a lawsuit. I think the problems in the workplace reflect the deterioration of overall civility of our time.

“Eve Tahmincioglu (who let her racist black butt in this country?) is a black racist woman for writing such a one-sided argument.”

Elrey Jones

Elrey,
If you click the link to the original article, Eve’s picture is there and she’s as White as we are. I’d bet that she’s married to an African.

“…These over-the-top acts at major corporations, probably have you scratching your head wondering what ever happened to diversity training, the endless videos on race-relations etiquette and human resource departments hell bent on weeding out such behavior.”

The author of this article fails to consider that none of the training and efforts he mentions here will ever improve the behavior of blacks.

Posted by Gary at 3:52 PM on January 15

Folks, this is just never going to get any better. It seems that many blacks see everything through the prism of their race. When I encounter people during the day who are rude and disrespectful I don’t think it’s because I’m white that they’re acting that way, I just think they’re jerks. I’m surprised the MSM is reporting on this though, with nine out of ten complaints being filed by blacks, you’d think they’d want to keep their monopoly on this. After all, we wouldn’t want the Hispanics, Asians, American Indians and Pacific Islanders getting in on the scam, eh?

The reason I find these complaints so difficult to believe is based on my experience with other white people and race. Making an off-color remark in this day and age will get you fired faster than you can say “double-standard”. If I’m talking to someone and something comes up even that could be even remotely construed as being racist, people will fall all over themselves with disclaimers about how they’re not racists. Yet, I’m supposed to believe there’s any epidemic of racial harrassment going on?

Posted by seeingclearly at 3:58 PM on January 15

For all of you crying like babies over the some mispellings, the more important point is my story.

11:32pm, January 14th:

First of all, what you believe or decide not to believe means nothing to me. The fact is that it did. Were you there!??Secondly, you are the typical arrogant, racist White male who wants to always deny that racsim exists. If it does, it must be Black people’s fault or in our imagination.

White racism is REAL in America and many of you are in denial about it!

Posted by Brenda at 4:24 PM on January 15

Walton:

Whiteplight is correct. FIGHT BACK! I understand that you may not be able to physically best your harrassers, but you can do so by using your wits! GO FOR IT!!!

Posted by Dean at 4:26 PM on January 15

“Does anyone else notice the similarities in writing (and spelling!) style of Brenda the law professor and Walton the media consultation worker?”

I was also suspicious of those postings, particularly “Brenda’s.” I’m a lawyer, and it’s hard for me to imagine that a professor of law would submit a posting that poorly written, and with so many typos. But if I’m wrong, that’s a sad illustration of the fruits of affirmative action.

Posted by Realist at 5:11 PM on January 15

Posted by H. Dumpty at 12:22 AM on January 15

Since Mr. Dumpty took the words right out of my mouth, let me highlight the alternative that liberals demand:

Peaceful separation is beyond the Pale; instead, they demand a continuation of the status quo, where groups (especially whites) are forbidden self-determination and forced to “integrate.” Meantime, we demand whites retain their Kulak status, eternally and inherently guilty, and remain the golden goose to be whipped into laying golden eggs for blacks (inter alia).

The idea that all the racist, knuckle-dragging whites be allowed to part company with the enlightened, peace-loving peoples is anathema to liberals (right and left); they want to eradicate (rehabilitate, reconstruct, whatever) them.

Sounds like liberals want, nay demand, the existence of an insoluble problem. Hmm, now what kind of person wants something like that?

I’d love to fully embrace the suggestion that younger whites are fed up with it and racially aggressive, but I’m a natural skeptic (how else would I end up a race-realist and a WN?). But it does seem to be true that younger whites aren’t as guilt-ridden as the limp-wristed boomers - far from it. I’m a gen Xer. Let’s just say that in my conversations with gen Y southern white males, there’s zero love lost for blacks. Usher the females out of hearing and give the tiniest nudge, and you’ll find out what they’re really thinking.

Posted by Svigor at 5:17 PM on January 15

Brenda:

You come accross as the typical, loudmouthed, Black woman who is always crying racism.

If anything, you were probably the person who made a snide remark, not the “sexist” White male colleague.

Posted by Harold at 5:30 PM on January 15

Folks, Eve is from Turkey and married to a white liberal. She writes stories like this for many of the high end liberal media outlets. She is a tool for multiculteralism.

Bio on Eve.

Eve Tahmincioglu

Eve was born in Astoria, Queens, and grew up in Bayside, New York, moving to Manhattan in her early twenties. Her first job in journalism was as a clerk for the Hellenic Times, where she fetched coffee and begged the editor to let her cover a story, any story. Her editor finally relented and she ended up writing her first paid feature on a new Ancient Greek jewelry exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

She went on to work for a host of publications, basically anyone that would pay her to do what she loved, reporting and writing. She wrote about the restaurant industry and then about bras and underwear (for a bit longer than she would have liked) and then went on to become a business reporter and editor for Women’s Wear Daily. She wrote about retailing and technology, and then got her dream job writing about an endless array of business topics for United Press International, on the financial desk in New York. She took a cut in pay to go to UPI and ultimately got laid off following the ailing wire service’s second bankruptcy, but there she met what would be the best editor of her career, Roz Liston, who helped give her the confidence (and many kicks in the head) to go on to excel in journalism.

Eve is the daughter of two immigrants from Istanbul, Turkey. They lived in Istanbul for most of their childhoods and early adult life, but left to pursue a better life for themselves and their families. Her parents drove her to strive for greatness in work and family life by the example they set for their three daughters. They worked like dogs; celebrated their lives with passion; and loved those around them unconditionally. What makes an individual? The people and events they experience throughout their lives. Sofi Bodukoglu and Yani Tahmincioglu, made Eve.

Eve is married to her soulmate Andy D’Ambrosio and has two awesome children, Circe and Cheiron. They live in Wilmington, Delaware.

Posted by bustr at 5:31 PM on January 15

Brenda:

You need to grow up and get a life and a spellcheck.

Walton:

Your situation is more understandable. Whitelplight has given you some good advice. You should also have a direct talk with your co-workers. If they are reasonable, they will probably realize they are being jerks and will cease with engaging in such insensitive behavior.

Posted by David at 5:45 PM on January 15

Walton:

It seems that they are trying to intimidate you to mask their own insecurities. Ignore them! Become the most productive worker at the job etc…

I am sure that by doing this you will earn the respect of your bosses and your jockish co-workers too.

Posted by Fred at 5:47 PM on January 15

Black culture is every bit as alien and incompatible as Hispanic culture, since both are encouraged to go out of their way to be as different from Whites, and our culture, as possible. This is due to the “divide and conquer” stratagem utilized by the Ruling Elite in Washington, D.C.. as a precursor to their attempting to establish a totalitarian Communist police state. A people who are united against tyranny cannot be subdued and subjected to the perverted will of the demented and utterly corrupt corporate ruling elite…

There is far more racial harassment of whites by blacks than the reverse in public schools than there is racial harassment of blacks by whites in the workplace.And in the public schools there is essentially unlimited tolerance for it.And white schoolkids who are victims of racial harassment never are able to sue and get monetary awards.

Posted by Peejay in Frisco at 5:51 PM on January 15

In Emeryville, CA, a black female former employee won a settlement of over one million for alleged racial harassment.I cant say if the harassment really happened or not,but the amount that she got was grossly excessive.I would love to be racially harassed to the degree that she allegedly was for that kind of moolah.

Posted by Peejay in Frisco at 6:12 PM on January 15

I think almost everyone is misinterpreting the remark about younger people being less tolerant. She’s not saying that they’re less tolerant of minorities, or claims of racism. She’s saying that they’re less willing to overlook “racist” acts and speech, and that’s one reason the number of cases is rising.

Young people, by and large, have no use for racialism. You’re kidding yourselves if you think that White racial consciousness is growing among young people.

Posted by Fred at 6:19 PM on January 15

Brenda @ 8:50PM on 01/12

Welcome.

To be truthful, I have no idea why you related that story to us.
It’s stikes me as nothing. When I was a small child, we had a little ditty that we said/sang to bullies. It was, “Sticks and stones will break our bones, but words will never hurt us.” Served me well through the years. I suggest you try living by that idea. It may prove very helpful to you.

Another thing. I’m no scholar, but your post wasn’t too good as far as your spelling went. May I suggest that you stop after you finish your post and check it for errors. That’s what I do. If you’re not sure of a word, look it up. That way people here won’t attack you for something that is beneath someone of your exalted stature.

Take care and have a good day.

Tom Iron…

Posted by Tom Iron... at 6:51 PM on January 15

Although a bit outside the ambit of what should be discussed here, you have picked up on something that I have also observed. Americans are obsessed with height and physical size (just look at the size of our cops compared to the Europeans and Brits). Is it something to do with our frontier heritage?

In Europe I have seen guys, who would be derided over here for their lack of height and muscle, get the girls because of some pleasing aspect of their personality or intellect. Over here the ideal is the ‘big’ guy. No one talks like this in Europe. Another reason perhaps is that American sports such as football and basketball require size and strength well beyond the bounds of what is normal, compared to say soccer or handball where a man of average size can do very well?

Brenda,

Has it ever entered your head that most Black people are looked down upon by other Races (not just Whites) because they deserve it? Unfortunately, if you share the same genetics as these undesirables - and let’s assume you do not - don’t blame us for avoiding you, being fearful of you, shunning your, or laughing at you, and your incompetence.

Basic spelling rules should be respected if you are educated. BTW, the contractions are commonly used online, and I use them here, to make posting comments faster, and easier.

Posted by Videogamr at 7:55 PM on January 15

“First of all, what you believe or decide not to believe means nothing to me. The fact is that it did.”

What is the antecedent of “it?” This is the sort of prose that makes us doubt your account of yourself.

“Secondly, you [who?] are the typical arrogant, racist White male who wants to always deny that racsim [sic] exists.”

If this silly little story is your “racism” trump card, you’ve not got much of a case. Yours is a hothouse complaint if ever there were one.

Posted by Cassiodorus at 7:59 PM on January 15

As a “boomer” i went to a northern technical school. We had @ 25% blacks in our school. One (from the suburbs) learned very fast how ruthless, mean, and racist the blacks were. You learned how to fight or get pushed around (@$$ kicked) robbed, and abused by the groups of blacks.

Went to work in the steel industry, more of the same this time by mean, nasty, BIG black men who hated you for your color.
The same went for my stint in the military. I have raised three sons and trained them all to understand the plight whites are in.
They have all found my council to them being 100%.

NOT ALL “boomers” have been cowed.

Posted by Sammy at 8:02 PM on January 15

I am not sure I agree with the poster who stated that the “younger generations are less tolerant than the baby boomers”. The truth is there is a lot more intermarrying among people under 35 right now then over 35. Most white teenagers I know admit they feel at least somewhat guilty for the slavery of blacks, black and mestizo failure and the holocaust. Another thing is that there is a lot more programming on nowadays that promotes homosexuality (white male homosexuals only) interracial dating (again, white/non-white couple only) and contraception galore for white couples!

After taking a semester of Human Sexuality 101. There were countless pictures of mixed-race love making (always between a white and non-white) at least five pictures of homosexuals (all of them were of white homosexuals), and a picture of a white couple picking out contraception.

My question is: Why is homosexuality aimed so much at the White race and particularly white males? And why is contraception always preached to young white couples?? (scratches head)

Posted by BB at 8:25 PM on January 15

— >White racism is REAL in America and many of you are in denial about it!

Posted by Brenda at 4:24 PM on January 15

We realize that racism is present in all races. Look at interracial crime statistics. Obviously there is a staggering amount of black on white crime. Look at interracial rapes. White on black rape is nearly nonexistent. Black on white, disgustingly staggering.

Therein lies the truth about racism. Who commits crimes against whom. Who can’t carry there own weight academically and therefore loses out in the marketplace of ideas and technical jobs. It’s blacks, and for their failure, they are rewarded with vastly disproportionate levels of government handouts, and who is paying for those welfare handouts? Why, bad old whitey taxpayer of course. And are blacks grateful for such generosity? Of course not. They blame the selfsame whites that are providing them with both jobs and welfare, and victimizing whites with crime.

Talk about being in denial… puhleeze. When you accept the abject black failure in the classroom as the fact that it is, then we can talk about who’s in denial. Please point out the first world success story of any country that is majority black. All of the majority black countries should be wild success stories without all that horrific white racism holding them down.

And then there’s all that black invention that the world is benefiting from. Come on, Brenda. Who’s in denial and living in a fantasy world? Blacks standard of living is much better in America than in any country in Africa.

What did blacks do with self rule in Zimbabwe? They took a first world nation and turned it into what is typical of all of Africa. It is now a third world pest hole. Formerly lovely South Africa will devolve to that state under African rule too even with the benefit of having inherited a first world infrastructure. It’s just a matter of when, not if.

I’d be happier if Africans would start to show some gratitude for having the advantages of living in a first world nation, regardless of how they squander the opportunities given them.

Posted by Kent at 8:50 PM on January 15

Posted by Fred at 6:19 PM on January 15

Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise, being a young person myself of age 18, i find an increasingly larger amount of whites who are fed up with the nonsense, one, not knowing i too was racially conscious, and another one of the sheep, passed me a sheet of paper with a poem on the outright double standards concerning “racism” and slurs, the poem uses a host of them so i will not post it here. those of you who know my email but email me for it.

So please, don’t post what you obviously have no idea about, you are more than likely not a young person and know nothing of what happens in the schools outside of news articles, its nice and all that the factual account of black harassment is ever so often discussed, but quite frankly, without first hand experience, you know nothing. I found my racial consciousness as a young person simply by going to school, now why would i be the only one? why would i be the one odd ball here? i used to think that, but I’m beginning to learn I’m far from the only one. I’ve posted on this about twice before on the subtle ways I’m beginning to tell my peers are very aware of race, and i wont post it all again, i’m sure plenty of you saw it. Humpty did in the least.

Posted by Stuck in No Mans Land at 9:03 PM on January 15

H.Dumpty:

I do not know what planet you are living on but if you have been watching the news, last year (2007)was a terrible year for hate crimes being directed against Black people! The FBI and the ADL released statistics that demonstrated an alarming surge in violent crimes directed against Blacks and other minorities.

You need to take your blinders off!!!

Posted by Franklin at 9:05 PM on January 15

Fred:

Sad to say you are correct. Last year, I must have traveled to at least 7 cities and small towns. The number of interracial mixing and couples I saw confirms your statement.

To all those who see a great racial awakening among our White youth are naive I have to say.

Posted by George at 9:11 PM on January 15

White racism is REAL in America and many of you are in denial about it! (Yes, “Brenda”, white racism is real in America. What you seem to lack the simple understanding of is that blacks are far more racist on any level than even the most racist whites. Listen to ANY black comedian. They are absolutely unable to stand on stage for any amount of time without bringing up race. I don’t believe your story for a second. You probably have your black-community issued Jena-Six oppression glasses on whenever you deal with anyone white. I think you’re doing what many blacks have done before you. You’re looking for that one racial angle that will result in a huge monetary payoff. Of course with all those bills hanging out of your mouth, I’m sure you will see it as “justice”.)

Fred,

I don’t think anyone here fools themsleves into believing that younger folks are more racially conscious - I said as much in my post. They are, however, apparently rejecting some of the more ludicrous claims and high-volume howling about “racism” around every corner, when they can see clearly “discrimination” is a two-way street, and they are sick of hearing only one side’s grievances. I know this to be true - I have occasion to speak with many younger folks and they relate this sentiment first hand. It isn’t a great revelation…but maybe just a spark of hope on a gloomy horizon. If even a few can see through a lifetime of propaganda, there may be a little hope for Whites yet. Not much…but a little.

Posted by HH at 10:20 PM on January 15

Brenda, white racism IS REAL and it is why we are amazed that you want tolive with us, work with us, etc. Why?

If I was black (knowing what I know by being white) I would want NOTHING to do with white people but would demand my own nation.

I, being white, want NOTHING to do with Africans and demand my own nation.

Brenda, what is wrong with “you people”? Do you crave being white so bad that you will endure this abuse? Is your race that stupid? PLEASE tell me.

Posted by LOGIC at 10:23 PM on January 15

If these studies were truly scientific, they would also demonstrate cases of hoaxes and false or exaggerated claims to bring things more into perspective. However, this the media, so what do you expect?

Whatever happened to George W.’s legislation against frivolous lawsuits? Or does this not apply here?

Posted by Ben D. at 10:25 PM on January 15

Realist and others:

My post is my own. You should stop speculating on something you know nothing about.

Posted by Walton at 11:02 PM on January 15

“… you are the typical arrogant, racist White male who wants to always deny that racsim exists….” Posted by Brenda at 4:24 PM on January 15

Brenda, I certainly don’t deny that racism (not “racsim”) exists: It’s RAMPANT! That is, BLACK racism! And YOUR e-mail reply is a good example of it. (“typical arrogant, racist White male….”) Yea rant on. But YOU are a “typical arrogant, racist BLACK female”! Of course black racism goes much further than black racist comments like yours. I’m referring to things a little more serious. Like the 5 white people in a week’s period recently beaten by racist black gangs on Baltimore Metro buses for no other reason than their being white and daring to use the public transportation system. Or how about this: An absolutely HORRIFIC black on Hispanic HATE crime that JUST happened last month (December) in Lake Wales FL, near Orlando: A black male by the name of Leon Davis kidnapped two Hispanic females strangers, Juanita Luciano and Ivonne Bustamante (six months pregnant), locked them in a room, doused them down with a flammable liquid AND BURNED THEM ALIVE!!! This black male, Leon Davis, has been responsible for a LONG STRING of attacks and robberies upon Hispanics in the area. A week earlier he also murdered two Asian Indians working at a gas station in Lake Alfred FL.
And as usual, the mainstream media, always covering for rampant black racism, has buried these stories, particularly the racial aspect.

Brenda: BLACK racism is REAL in America and many of you BLACKS (as well as your white liberal enablers) are in denial about it!

“And there’s a reason why the Ys (of which I’m one) aren’t as “tolerant” as the boomers. That’s because the Xs and Ys had to live with the social engineering wrought by those crummy boomers and their weed, pot and LSD-induced delusions about total human equality, and the government mechanisms started to enforce that equality. As Patterson’s First Axiom (sorta) goes, there’s no better cure for the thirst of diversity than a good dose of itself.”

Posted by St. Louis CofCC Blogmeister at 9:07 PM on January 14

Once again, you hit the nail on the proverbial head. It looks like the brainwashing from the liberal/neocon alliance isn’t working as well as I once thought, and thank goodness for that.

From my personal experience, I notice quite a few whites in their 20’s and 30’s who are quite racially aware and believe that the proverbial wounds of the “black community” are at least PARTIALLY self-inflicted. Some of these young whites are self-identified “progressives,” yet are getting awfully fed up with the belligerent, rude behavior of some (not all, of course) blacks in the workplace.

I am sure that most of these young whites are not (yet) completely racially aware, but they seem to be going in the right direction.

It’s about time.

Posted by Old Victorian at 11:27 PM on January 15

First off, Obama refers to HIMSELF as only black, embracing the heritage of the black father who abandoned him as a baby and thereby rejecting the heritage of his white mother’s family that actually raised him up. LEFTISTS, including blacks, are the ones who MOST insist on calling anyone part black, simply “black”. (To increase their racial power base.) Yet the muddled headed “Professor” Bell quoted tries to imply that it is just white bigots behind someone like Obama being identified as “black”. Indeed, the fact that people who could even pass for white claim some black identity actually PROVES that far from there being any “white privilege” there is in fact only “white liability”. The only “privilege” is BLACK “privilege”.

“Steve Pemberton, Chief Diversity Officer for Monster.com: “The younger generation isn’t as tolerant as the baby boomers,”

Of course, no proof is cited for this sweeping statement: You can malign white people at will and the media requires no supporting factual data. This is the same media that assiduously censors, for example, actual crime statistics showing the shockingly disproportionate amount of crime and violence (typically interracial) committed by blacks.

This whole article is bogus, put out by academic and media leftists fomenting ungrounded hatred of whites and by “diversity” professionals who have a financial stake in keeping this going. I’ve been in industry for 30 years and have not seen A SINGLE incident of white on black harassment, but have seen innumerable cases of black on white harassment, both physical and verbal. (But the latter is treated, like black on white racism in general, as just part of the “background noise” taken for granted.) Blacks will report anything. Whites are conditioned not to. The other thing this article does is just ASSUME that all those accusations made by blacks are true: But as has been seen time and again, these accusations are typically false or outright hoaxes, as just recently with the Baltimore fire station noose incident that turned out to have been a hoax perpetrated by the supposed black “victim” himself. The fact that companies settle, as in the Lockheed case, rather than continue with endless financially draining legal battles and negative (though unfair) publicity, does not indicate that those cases were legit: They almost never are. The Lockheed case was completely denied. But when the government EEOC (populated by black and leftist activists) has an endless bucket of taxpayer money to litigate with, while a private company has limited resources, what choice does a private company have but to settle. The other point that must be remembered is as mentioned, the EEOC government bureaucracy is populated by black and leftist activists who ALWAYS AND UNQUESTIONINGLY take the word of any black accuser, and who show the door to any white who complains. So that fact alone, as well as that there is no white equivalent to the NAACP that will take up his case, by definition will insure that the only cases making it to court will be with black complainants, not white.

White racism is REAL in America and many of you are in denial about it!

Posted by Brenda at 4:24 PM on January 15

If two black men enter a room at the same time and interact by joking around, regardless of how off color or tasteless the joking may be, there is no chance of a ‘racist’ interaction.

If a black man and a white man enter a room at the same time and interact by joking around, every remark, response, action, gesture etc are heightened by the differences in race. It doesn’t mean that the first or the second situations are radically different. The only difference is race.

Racism, in your mind, is merely racial interaction. You see racism everywhere because you see every interaction between whites and blacks as a racial interaction. You can’t not see it that way. And I have to agree with you. Every interaction between whites and blacks is racially charged.

The only solution I see is for complete separation. Think about it. If you were never around another white person, you would NEVER again experience racism.

If you really believed ‘racism’ was the problem and as ubiquitous as you claim, the solution is obvious; do everything in your power NOT to be around white people. The sad fact is that you and every other black, as much as you complain, know that your every hope and dream revolves around being in the company of white people.

Brenda, believe it or not, YOU are a white supremacist.

Posted by sbuffalonative at 11:35 PM on January 15

Good! People should not be “tolerant” of anything or anyone they find personally offensive.

Posted by Tim at 11:48 PM on January 15

More evidence of what is coming in this nation, once the economy collapses. Illegal aliens will be the first to suffer the effects of social collapse, then legal aliens, primarily from Mexico, will be next. Latinos in general will feel the pinch. America is headed for a violent civil insurrection, that will result in the eventual genocide of Whites in the Southwest, and the genocide of Latinos in the rest of the Nation.

Those of us who still live in CA - we know what’s coming, and that’s why we make our 2-hour drive to Arizona, for AR-15 6.8 cal. weapon systems, and other assorted items. It’s happening; lets just sit back and enjoy the view. War is coming, and I happen to live in Southern CA. Welcome to the war zone! I’ll see you on the streets of L.A., and in the deserts of Arizona, and eventually, the battle for Mexico City itself.

Posted by BL at 12:47 AM on January 16

“Secondly, you are the typical arrogant, racist White male who wants to always deny that racsim exists. If it does, it must be Black people’s fault or in our imagination.

White racism is REAL in America and many of you are in denial about it! “
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Brenda, get over the trivial remark. As I said, I would hope that nobody gets harassed for any reason at their place of employment,or anywhere for that matter. But, really, blacks need to look at their own behavior and what they do to others before they make comments about the supposed existance of racism in others. For the record, I am not arrogant, and don’t consider myself a “racist”. I do, however, have a far more realistic view of race and the type of behavior to be expected after my experiences with blacks,Asians and others, and don’t want to live anywhere near them or have anything to do with them.For heavens sake, what would you or anyone else expect after so much of what white Americans must endure ?? If you want to call it racism, go right ahead. I call it being realistic. Call it scientific observation. I stick my hand in fire and get burned, then I draw a conclusion. Repeated experiences with blacks time and time and time and time again, by myself and other GENERATIONS of my family means I must draw a conclusion concerning blacks. What is the old saying? Once bitten, twice shy? It is obvious you can’t stand it when whites throw off the PC nonsense, and can finally see what is really being done to them and can now come together over it. Try as many might to regulate and indoctrinate and re-educate, there is nothing like good, old fashioned experience with blacks and other racial groups. Eventually, many begin to see the truth from their own experience. I know I did, which is why I call myself multi-culti no more.
What is really eye opening is reading what hateful and racist things are said on non-white nationalist/pride sites. Funny, Brenda, you don’t seem to be criticizing THOSE sites!

Finally, I am thankful that sites like AmRen exist where we whites have a voice and can come together to share and learn from one another.

Posted by multi culti no more at 1:03 AM on January 16

Fred, David, Dean, Whiteplight:

I forgot to mention that I read you posts. All of you have given me good advice. I will try to incorporate the best ideas from each of you into my work. Playing Chess? I never thought about that one!

Quite frankly I never had intention of suing. I do not know why several posters have assumed such a thing.

Nonetheless, thank you guys for your advice.

BEST,

WALTON

Posted by Walton at 1:36 AM on January 16

BB:

I agree with you there does seem to be a rampant movement to encourage homosexuality among young White men. This is a form of cultural genocide.

This has to stop!

Posted by White Pride at 1:44 AM on January 16

Posted by bustr at 5:31 PM on January 15

Who in the hell wrote this post? And why?

In the first place this lady is little more than an instrument for the PC, Multi-Culti Police State.

Second, the bio and the article make it clear what the word Journalist means in English. Day Laborer.

When Day Laborers started lecturing us about how Morally and Intellectually inferior we were (to them of course) you knew something was up, and it wasn’t good. But I don’t think many people thought it would get as bad as it is now. This article is a perfect example.

Either way, this “writer” is not a thinker; she has not devoted herself to the life of the mind and the world of ideas; she is not at all commited to the truth. She’s just a Day Laborer who does what shes told. She is like the woman who marries for money (Men do the same thing). She stuck her finger in the air, so to speak, to see where the wind was blowing and just went along so she could work as a writer, and have her little life with all of the Western material goodies, and enjoy a “spiritual” life that consists of looking down on her lessers and writing mean-spirited, dishonest, and sanctimonious articles.

If two children are being raised by a person like that, I doubt if they are wonderful.

Posted by Dedalus at 2:10 AM on January 16

To anonymous who Posted by at 11:03 PM on January 14

If such a thing did happen it is dishonorable behavior (and certainly not limited to Whites..) However, I don’t recall reading anything like that.. could you link the post..? I did a search with the following terms:

and couldn’t find such a post. Perhaps you were thinking of a different site..? Or perhaps you aren’t telling the truth.

Posted by Stillwarm at 3:08 AM on January 16

FWIW the author is of Turkish decent but was born in US:

Here’s her blog entry that refers to the article:

Comment area of the article:

Posted by Stillwarm at 3:35 AM on January 16

Posted by George at 9:11 PM on January 15

Posted by HH at 10:20 PM on January 15

Vague observation takes a backseat to experience, sad to say.

Posted by Stuck in No Mans Land at 4:48 AM on January 16

Posted by Franklin at 9:05 PM on January 15

Ah this is where it gets fun, how about you take your own blinders off, fool?

1976-2004 White on Black Homicide: 8451

1976-2004 Black on white Homicide:22553

I very much doubt the trend how mystically changed in the course of a few years.

Now whose got the shades in front of their eyes? please do not post such ignorance again until you actually have some solid info or at least a link. btw, check through my link as you like, you’ll find in almost all categories blacks commit disproportionate crime, and this is from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which quite frankly thwarts your claim (albeit, without a link) of an FBI and ADL report on a “surge” in “hate crimes” against blacks. One last thing buddy boy, you’ll notice Hispanic is only a victim category, Hispanics get lumped up with whites when the suspects, and if you didnt know, there is currently small scale racially lined gang war fare between blacks and Hispanics in the L.A area, so when you sum it all up, not only are you wrong but the crime that is being done against blacks is largely Hispanics. There goes your argument.

Next~

Posted by Stuck in No Mans Land at 5:01 AM on January 16

“ — ->But here’s the funny thing. Regardless of how much you bitch and moan about racism, it’s you and other blacks who demand to live, work, and go to school with whites.

Really well put. This sums up the situation exactly.